Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Bulk Mailing software

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2007, 11:20 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bulk Mailing software

Is there anything decent out there

We have a customer who needs to email approx 1000 recipients with one email

We keep hitting stumbling blocks now, as at least 3 ISP's now block his email as they dont allow bulk mailing

He needs to do this every day, so looking into bulk emailing software that will get round this problem, he doesnt mind paying for software, but whatever we suggest we will have to support it

Steve
Old 29 May 2007, 11:54 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mass email software for email newsletters, mass mail and group mail - GroupMail 5

Couldn't you use outlook with a non returnable address? So kind of Spoof the return address?

I'll have a word with some of the lads in work later see if they can think of anything other than the above link.
Old 29 May 2007, 12:13 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Cheers Pimmo

I think one of the guys in the office has installed this on his PC, but we havent purchased it, so he cant really see how he can use it

Ill have a closer look at it, and see if it will do the job he wants, and then we can purchase it for him
Old 29 May 2007, 12:27 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic'
Cheers Pimmo

I think one of the guys in the office has installed this on his PC, but we havent purchased it, so he cant really see how he can use it

Ill have a closer look at it, and see if it will do the job he wants, and then we can purchase it for him

I think it's a difficult one with the ISP's blocking so much Spam.. a good thing obviously.

90% of emails through Virgin are auto deleted as known Spam you know ! Its really that bad
Old 29 May 2007, 12:45 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I know, we have a similar problem here, well for those customers that purchase Anti Spam, there are quite a few that dont lol

The reason he cant get the demo working, is that it wont allow him to import his address book unless he buys the software
Old 29 May 2007, 09:08 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

I've used "Worldcast" from Fairlogic in the past for quick & easy company email-blasts...

...it's free and you can add fields and customise the mails. Pretty good all in all...

You can also opt to send mail via an SMTP server, or via an internal SMTP server - which is pretty useful if your ISP is monitoring the use of their mailboxes.

Googling should turn it up...

Shades