Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Orannge Broadband Multiple Email Accounts

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2007, 10:22 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orannge Broadband Multiple Email Accounts

I have a friend on Orange Broadband (not me, honest) she has 2 user profiles on her laptop, lets call them Janet and Jane.

Each person/profile has Microsoft Mail configured to send and receive email from the Orange account which works fine when sending mail. Their addresses are:

1) Janet@janetandjane.orangehome.co.uk
2) Jane@janetandjane.orangehome.co.uk

The problem is when receiving mail . . . . they obviously both get all mail intended for the Orange user "janetandjane.orangehome.co.uk".

I can set up a rule on each one that says don't download email from "Janet@" on Janes email and vice versa but then if someone sends email to both of them, neither will get the mail. If you don't have any rules, then both people get all mail.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I've just had a week off and my brain is still on holiday

Any ideas ?

PS. the names and addresses are fictional and no, they're not lesbians
Old 25 April 2007, 10:00 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

. . . okay, how about if I said that they are lesbians have love using the webcam ?
Old 25 April 2007, 10:54 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Do both users have a seperate login and password to Orange email ? or is this just different aliases and they deliver anyway ?

If they have seperate logins, can set them 2 profiles on the laptop, so they both login, and then just setup a profile in outlook under each login ?
Old 25 April 2007, 11:05 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

No, the login to the pop servers is the same, thats the problem. eg. 'janetandjane.orangehome.co.uk' for both users.

You can add any prefix for their own email accounts, but you must use rules to filter them. This is what I'm struggling with. Can you help?

I have them set up with their own profiles on the laptop and have filtered their email so they only get the mail addressed to them, but if mail is sent to both of them then neither get it.
Old 25 April 2007, 01:10 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

hmm let me have a think mate, is so much easier if they have seperate logins ! lol it may just mean you need to be creative with the rules, maybe tweak it so it delivers only to one unless the others mail address is in there as well ?