Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Are PSŁ sales still in decline??

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2007, 01:55 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are PSŁ sales still in decline??

Any update on the latest sales figures?

Many company's are now outputting it at Ł399, and there averaging Ł385 on fleabay...

yet many shops still don't have them on freeplay yet they have increased the 360 demo units available (2) in one tiny GS store. Game dont seem to be bothered, no deals or pricing bundles on display

Mind you any of the shops cant give any firm data on the elite,s availability either

Is this Sony's game plan? or are the major game retailers just not interested?

Mart
Old 11 April 2007, 03:16 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Week 3 figures:

Leaked units sales reportedly gathered by Chart Track, have revealed that Wii outsold PS3 by around 8,000 units last week.

According to the figures, on its third week on sale in UK the PS3 sold 17,000 units with ample stock in stores, while Wii, which is still suffering from shortages, sold 25,000 units.

A Chart Track rep refused to comment on the figures, while Nintendo UK were unavailable for comment at the time of writing.

But it's safe to presume that Nintendo will be pleased with these figures, which mark a significant victory for the company in the face of the PS3's launch period.

I had my first proper go on a PS3 last week at a friends.

Mutiplayer
The online gaming was pretty seamless and easy to get up and running. Was a little disappointed not to here any taunting from the yank we were playing at the time, but my friend lacked a microphone so I guess it was disabled by the game (despite hearing mic feedback from his end initially)

Graphics
Mixed bag - I enjoyed some of the stuff - the rain effects on the F1 game, the sweaty fighters and texturing in that boxing game from EA (the controls were a bit $hit though and the AA wasn't working properly in places), but GTHD left me a little cold - although it IS a mish-mash of new and old.

Overall
Its what I expected from the next Playstation. I wasn't tempted to buy one, but looking at the release schedules, there's seems some decent stuff arriving at Christmas, so will probably pick one up in Vegas this winter.

Last edited by spectrum48k; 11 April 2007 at 03:31 PM.