Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

My Space expained please???

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2007, 09:08 PM
ricardo_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Space expained please???

Are there any Myspace experts out there??? Ive set up an account for our new club..... I was hoping to make the site like one of those myspace band sites, but everyone seems to use custom codes to customise their myspace page. How the hell do I find the codes? Ive looked on Google but been stung with loads of odd websites.

Any help would be great....... I just want an easy club website!
Old 12 April 2007, 12:17 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Ricardo,

Try these;

pYzam - The Revolution

Pimp-My-Profile.com - Myspace Layouts, Myspace Editor, hi5, Friendster profiles, codes and generators!

Basically they offer code to change backgrounds, tables, font etc etc.

You can also create your own custom site by uploading images to use. Easy to use and should cover eberything yopu would possibly want to personalise your site.

Just copy and paste into the profile editing part of your home page.

Good Luck and let me know how you get on!

Cheers

blubs
Old 12 April 2007, 09:58 PM
ricardo_wrx
Scooby Regular

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!! All the free layout generators put a stupid link floating on the page....... and then when I finally get a layout im happy with. I start to hide or delete the tables i dont want such as details etc....... which messes up the code for the layout. At this rate i'll be paying for a domain name and using good old Dreamweaver! I just thought Myspace had some good features such as a calender.

HELP!
Old 13 April 2007, 12:25 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Ok, there are automatic tools that will get rid of most items that mess up your homepage (on both the sites above I think). I don't think the link is that intrusive - don't forget to 'view profile', so you get an idea of what visitors see and not the toolkit version that you build the site on.

It also depends what type of profile you create. For example, music ones concentrate more on gigs and uploading of band members details, and don't have the silly tables with your starsign on and "Who I'd like to meet". There must be a profile for clubs?

I will freely admit, it ain't as good as a proper website, but it is great for quickly putting stuff together and sharing it across a very wide audience. My band site was created, personalised, uploaded with slideshow pictures, gig bulletin lists and copyrighted self-penned numbers in under an hour!

blubs
Old 13 April 2007, 10:42 PM
ricardo_wrx
Scooby Regular

well thanks for the tips on the sites they do help.

Cheers!