Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Restoring video footage

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2007, 12:29 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restoring video footage

Ive been given the task of transferring some camcorder footage onto DVD, so I used Nero Vision to capture some footage from the camera (its a Sony mini-DV cam) but its been taken in a club or pub or something and the lighting is shocking. Is there any software out there that I can use to brighten up the image so it can actually be seen ?
Old 04 April 2007, 02:30 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Windows Movie maker thingy can add brightness up to six times to one clip I thnk !!
Old 04 April 2007, 02:45 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
Ive been given the task of transferring some camcorder footage onto DVD, so I used Nero Vision to capture some footage from the camera (its a Sony mini-DV cam) but its been taken in a club or pub or something and the lighting is shocking. Is there any software out there that I can use to brighten up the image so it can actually be seen ?
Usually you only add noise to the picture, if it is not there or only just there then it is difficult to get it much better wihtout adding 'noise' to it.

Juts pushindg and pulling the chroma, gamma, cnotrast will ahave an effect but usually effects the picure quality anyway.

Most of what you see on CSI, etc is bollox althought the likes of thre FBI do have the ability to enhance and sometimes fill in detail with very powerful computers and programmes.

I speak as a producer/director not as a technical person but in my experience it is never that good.
Old 05 April 2007, 12:51 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Yeah I realise I'm limited by the source material, I'll give the cameraman a slap next time I see him ! I'll give it a go with WMM and see what it turns out like, in the meantime if anyone can recommend any good video editing software please let me know, cheers.