Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PSŁ sales slump?

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 08:02 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSŁ sales slump?

According to this thread they have..

Sony lieing? Check this out. - Official PlayStation Community

Can anyone verify the figures quoted?

Mart
Old 03 April 2007, 08:17 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

I've read a few soucres saying the Europe-wide figure was 600,000 in its first week - the reason there are so many available is that Sony actually managed to get a decent amount out to retail. 2nd biggest launch in history after the PSP by all accounts.

My local HMV got 5 Xbox 360's (1 of which was mine ), the number of PS3's it got was 90.
Old 03 April 2007, 08:22 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

American figures for Feb say about 100'000 more 360's sold in the US than PS3's with the Wii humping both into the groung by 150'000

Time will tell
Old 03 April 2007, 08:28 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't believe a site that is clearly declaring 'war' on the PS3 and is determined to see it fail.

Hopefully they'll sell and continue to provide a revenue stream into the gaming market and provide us with some good games in future.
Old 03 April 2007, 08:41 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hanslow
I wouldn't believe a site that is clearly declaring 'war' on the PS3 and is determined to see it fail.

Hopefully they'll sell and continue to provide a revenue stream into the gaming market and provide us with some good games in future.
its not an isolated post... many others on the ps3 site are saying the same..

only time and Ł will tell

Mart
Old 03 April 2007, 08:52 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I was thinking about buying one, then played one.
Old 03 April 2007, 09:20 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Originally Posted by JackClark
I was thinking about buying one, then played one.

And
Old 03 April 2007, 09:26 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Menu's were a pain the butt, controller felt too light, triggers on controllers not configured as a fire button, or even throttle in games, should be default. Games not a lot of cop, having just played GRAW2, playing ... err, Resistance of Man?? seemed like a leap backwards, and GT didn't need to take a leap backwards as it never tried to move forwards. Online plain old didn't work.

It is however quiet and I'm sure Blueray is fantastic.
Old 03 April 2007, 11:31 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Always interesting to see what's currently happening...

Sales of the PlayStation 3 have dropped dramatically on the second week of release in the UK, with official Chart Track figures revealing a fall of 82 per cent.

Chart Track data is gathered from 7000 UK retail outlets representing 90 per cent of the software market, including GAME, Gamestation, Play.com, Asda and HMV.

A spokesperson for Chart Track confirmed the figure to GamesIndustry.biz this afternoon, stating: "Yes, sales of PS3 hardware have dropped by 82 per cent."

Last week, Chart Track revealed that the PlayStation 3 had sold 165,000 units in the first two days following the launch, making it the fastest-selling home console in the UK.

"We publish the first week figures because there's such a clamour for them that we can't keep it a secret," said the spokesperson.

This week's software charts revealed that sales of the top two PlayStation 3 titles, Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm, had dropped by over 60 per cent.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe declined to comment.

Source: PlayStation 3 hardware sales plummet 82 per cent // GamesIndustry.biz
Old 04 April 2007, 07:18 AM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Menu's were a pain the butt, controller felt too light, triggers on controllers not configured as a fire button, or even throttle in games, should be default. Games not a lot of cop, having just played GRAW2, playing ... err, Resistance of Man?? seemed like a leap backwards, and GT didn't need to take a leap backwards as it never tried to move forwards. Online plain old didn't work.

Menu is similer to PSP
Online works better than Live
Can change the key setup in the menu
The physics in GT HD are a massive leap forward along with the graphics and sound.
Games were not much cop when the PS2 first came out, anyone remember Driving Emotion Type S, so i am confident that good PS3 titles will appear through time
Resistance has greater capabilties online than any 360 game. apart from Final Fantasy

More than happy with my purchase and can play either 360 or PS3 when the notion grabs me
Old 04 April 2007, 04:26 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Cool oh my god i agree with jack!!!!

SPEECHLESS...............
(jack im sure its an isolated incident but you speaketh truth)
Old 04 April 2007, 06:28 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Online works better than Live
.... LOL almost fell of my chair reading that.
Old 04 April 2007, 07:21 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
.... LOL almost fell of my chair reading that.
Let me expand my short statement a bit
What is the most seen in a room on Live, 24 i think on Battlefield 2 and i played Resistance last night in a room of 40 odd full of yanks and not one bit of lag or drop out. Not seen any issues with lag on Motorstorm playing in the Austrailian play area but any time on Live the things lags like a pig if any Austrailian or West coast USA players come into a room i am hosting.

So in my opinion this would constitute being better in certain aspects than Live and it wont cost me Ł40 per annum for the privilige.

.....and it is quieter

.....and so far more reliable, my first 360 died within 48hrs of play.

.....so get back in your chair and plug a ps3 into your super fandango projector set up and enjoy the machine for what it is

.....i still play the 360, mainly motogp but Resistance is an enjoyable experiance that is seem to keep going back to