Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

MMORPG's

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2007, 09:07 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMORPG's

Anyone into mmorpg's?

I have been a World of Warcraft player for almost 2 years, recently closed my account as it got a tad too addictive. Great game, really well executed and if your lucky to get into a top guild the rewards are great.

I am waiting for Warhammer: Age of War, its looking good and I hope it turns out to be the grown up version of Warcraft that everyone is hoping for.
Old 30 March 2007, 09:25 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Guild wars is good totally free as well

The new LOTR online community looks good, i bet gandalf frodo & the rest of the names will be oversubscribed allready

Mart
Old 01 June 2007, 05:51 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Had a go of LOTR, disappointed with the execution. You can only play the good guys, no chance to play any of the orcs etc save for monster pvp where you can choose a monster to play against another player and yes there were dozens of legolasses running around - was hilarious listening to the all the hardcore WoW players jabbering away, most of the new guys couldn't workout what the hell they were talking about!
Old 01 June 2007, 08:13 AM
swampster
Scooby Regular

I think the ability to play on the "evil" side of LoTR online is a feature they are planning on adding at some point.

However bit of downside is that your side always eventually loses..
Old 01 June 2007, 08:23 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Got involved in WoW when it first came out, found it too easy and dumbed down compared to EQ which took up years of my youth. Since finishing those two I decided I wanted to venture outside every now and then hence havent bothered looking at anymore.

These are the sort of games that can take over your life if you let them, highly addictive.

Can be good fun but beer comes first.