Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Any MOM experts out there?

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2007, 07:55 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any MOM experts out there?

I wonder if one of you experts out there could help me out….

I have recently installed MOM 2005 workgroup edition to test/play around with. I wanted to basically get it e-mailing me when a particular event/alert occurs so thought I would get it e-mailing me when the C: drive is reaching it’s capacity as I could trigger this by filling the drive up so know when it’s suppose to be doing it’s thing etc.

I have got it so it logs this in the main console (think it appears under the alerts view) but I was having trouble getting the e-mail part to work. I setup the notification groups etc to what I think is correct? but still nothing.

I then found the standard rules/alerts that are installed by default, which monitors the % of the disk space remaining, as well as several other things, (can’t remember exactly where it is as I’m not near the machine at the mo) but whatever I seemed to do I couldn’t get e-mail notifications from these standard rules/alerts.

The only way I managed to get e-mail notification working was to create a new rule which monitored the “application log” and the relevant event ID, which is created when the event is triggered, then I receive an e-mail from this alert.

Is this the way to do it or should I be able to get e-mail notifications for the already installed performance monitor events/alerts?

Sorry this probably doesn’t help much as it’s all a bit vague as I’m not in front of the machine in question. If more details are needed then I can take a look.

Thanks for any help
Old 20 February 2007, 08:37 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop me a mail when you infornt of the machine tomorrow to david.wallis@callcredit.co.uk

You basically need to create a notification rule for the computer group.

David
Old 20 February 2007, 10:22 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, thanks. I will do that.