Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

wireless network interference

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2007, 11:20 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wireless network interference

Got a wireless network working ok with pc,laptop,xbox

It has suddenly stopped connecting to pc/laptop (xbox is ok). I dont know if its a coincidence but the house over the road has just installed one and since then mine isnt working.
I can see their network on channel 1, would the interference stop if i changed it to another channel, is that the point of these channels?
im sure mine was on Ch1 but it detects it on Ch1&5, maybe this is the problem. I didnt change this so does it auto change if theres conflicts?
Old 19 February 2007, 11:23 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
Got a wireless network working ok with pc,laptop,xbox

It has suddenly stopped connecting to pc/laptop (xbox is ok). I dont know if its a coincidence but the house over the road has just installed one and since then mine isnt working.
I can see their network on channel 1, would the interference stop if i changed it to another channel, is that the point of these channels?
im sure mine was on Ch1 but it detects it on Ch1&5, maybe this is the problem. I didnt change this so does it auto change if theres conflicts?
Yes, thats the point of channel, change it to 11, the computer and Xbox should automatically connect when you scan for networks, or even automatically, change it via the option within your router