Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

MS Actionpack

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2007, 04:15 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MS Actionpack

It arrived today including Vista & Office 2007. I had a quick flirt with Vista a few months back when I installed RC2 as a dual boot. I hated all the security dialogs, so uninstalled.

So now I have to learn it, so I install the upgraded over the top of my XP Pro installation or just buy a new pc?

Also, if I upgrade, do I upgrade XP to Vista, then Office 2003 to Office 2007, or the other way around?

System: PIV 3.2, 1gb RAM, XP Pro connected to SBS2003 domain. PC passes Vista compatible thingy.
Old 22 January 2007, 08:58 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get hold of MS Virtual PC 2007 and have a play with it that way.
Did it at the weekend and works fine (does like memory tho )
Old 22 January 2007, 09:00 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can upgrade office 2k3 to 2k7 at any time, but I would do that first under XP, see if you like it, as it is alot different to 2k3.

For vista I would only ever do a fresh install. So check yer specs are up to speed to run it as well.

So you would need to install office 2k7 again
Old 22 January 2007, 09:25 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
It arrived today including Vista & Office 2007. I had a quick flirt with Vista a few months back when I installed RC2 as a dual boot. I hated all the security dialogs, so uninstalled.

So now I have to learn it, so I install the upgraded over the top of my XP Pro installation or just buy a new pc?

Also, if I upgrade, do I upgrade XP to Vista, then Office 2003 to Office 2007, or the other way around?

System: PIV 3.2, 1gb RAM, XP Pro connected to SBS2003 domain. PC passes Vista compatible thingy.
LOL you hated all the security dialogues so you uninstalled, did you know you can turn all them off its only one tick box, 4 confirmations and your done
Old 22 January 2007, 09:47 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Sonic'
LOL you hated all the security dialogues so you uninstalled, did you know you can turn all them off its only one tick box, 4 confirmations and your done
Obviously not.
Old 22 January 2007, 09:50 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Yeah mine arrived today as well, not looked at it too much - but did notice the vista upgrade. Will install it tommorow to see how much of a dog it runs on my P4 2.8 with 2 G of Ram.
Still trying to work out if mine is a new action pack or an upgrade for the orig I bought - no paper work included either way !
read this on bbc site BBC NEWS | Technology | A quick tour around Windows Vista
re the graphics card. EEK !

Richard
Old 23 January 2007, 01:24 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

I used to get the action pack, and then we were taken over at work, and they already subscribed to the pack, which meant I no longer receive it

Just before Office 2k7 and Vista came out as well .... Gutted!

Trending Topics

Old 28 January 2007, 10:51 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Just spec'ing a new computer for Vista.

I just checked my Action Pack DVD & it's called "Windows Vista Upgrade Business". Does that mean it won't do a clean install?
Old 28 January 2007, 11:16 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

If its an upgrade normally have to have a qualifying OS on before - ie XP. Then upgrades it to Vista
Not tried it yet as not had time - Not a huge fan of upgrade cd's myself.
Had a play with office 2007 - looks very Mac - ish with its little pics everywhere, just have to keep remembering not to save a mdoc !

Richard
Old 28 January 2007, 03:35 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Checking some newsgroups (there are a LOT of install questions!), it seems that the general upgrade disk needs to be run from inside a qualifying product, i.e. it's not bootable. However it could be that the Actionpack upgrade product is different.

Edit: Just checking Ingram Micro, there's 32 & 64bit versions of all the Vista editions! I didn't think that MS were going to do that this time?

Last edited by Nick; 28 January 2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Additional info