Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

network cable unplugged error

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2007, 04:12 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default network cable unplugged error

This pops up in a balloon on menu bar, maybe every 5 seconds, maybe 10 - 15 seconds. Holds up internet access, stops/slows d/loads, broadband router connected light & PC's lan socket lights both go out for a couple of seconds before becoming connected again, I watch this thru the network connections window!

Wirelessto laptop anx Xbox360 is fine.

I have used both 1gbs ports, 2 different cat 5 ethernet cables,
3 of the 4 diferent ethernet ports on my broadband router ( 4th is to the wifes' PC and that is fine & stable! ) and problem persists.

I am using a Abit KN9 SLi AM2 motherboard with on board gigabit lan sockets and a SMC BArricade g 7804wbra broadband router, on Win XP ( 2001 edition but with all updates ) . m/board uses nvidia ethernet drivers for lan ports.

Any ideas?

Tried upnp on and off, remove nic and drivers, updated drivers, still occurs.

This is only since xmas, when I had to change a failed hard disk and rerinstall Win XP.

So looks like I missed a setting in the install ( I think I did click allow windows to use usual network settigns, insteadof do custom advanced set up .. maybe there is the problem ? but how do I get back to there?)

Any help welcome!!

Neil