Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Jetpac 360

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2007, 01:34 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetpac 360

(ok i maybe old news for everyone but ive just seen it )

Just played demo of PDZ and got childishly excited about Jetpac in Rare's logo but curious about it so did a search and seems Rare is Utimate Play the Game! Then i thought cool they should make it for the 360, apparently i'm not the only one....

How cool would it be to have the Ultimate collection on one dvd
Old 19 January 2007, 09:19 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Cookie, Sabre Wulf, Tranz-Am, Lunar Jetman, Knight Lore, Gunfright, Atic Atac, Alien 8, Nightshade, Pssst

Its been rumoured that JetPac was coming to the Live Arcade. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of the other classics too.
Old 19 January 2007, 09:43 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
and seems Rare is Utimate Play the Game!

They certainly are - Although the Stamper brothers - the founders of Ultimate and Rare, have just left with lost of cash from the MS buyout to form another company.
Old 19 January 2007, 11:45 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

yes theres lots of talk on other bbs about their recent departure. They were bought by nintendo 49% Stamp Bros 51% they sold their shares to MS so nintendo sold theirs. Its speculated MS spent a fortune on them but they havent performed well, PDZ, Kameo, viva pinata. Maybe there was a whole ultimate collection going to arcade live that there was some dispute over.

I watch the missus play viva pinata and i can see the complexity if done right though the problem is with which group its marketed and who is going to be interested in it. I think its very true in that when a developer writes something thats different that doesnt involve fps gunfest that they arent going to sell as well thus less likely to try something different again in favour of churning out the same old guaranteed franises, which i guess gamers like otherwise they wouldnt make them...so i guess its down to the type of person that buys that type of console...