Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

this is even weirder...

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2007, 09:57 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy this is even weirder...

https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-r...g-my-head.html

on the other thread on here i mentioned my keyboard problems, but this is even more odd..

if i keep one hand on my mouse and type with the other hand muy kb types every letter i press but if i dont have a hand touching my mouse most of my keys wont type
Old 02 January 2007, 10:45 AM
twistybits
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your mouse wireless too? It could be that the mouse and keyboard are using the same wireless frequency?
Old 02 January 2007, 10:55 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

both wireless. my curser goes into disco mode when i type sometimes as well. i think i need to press and hold someting on the reciever but i cant find the book thingy to see how long i have to hold it for
Old 02 January 2007, 11:30 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Try Belkins homepage for repalcement manuals

Mart
Old 02 January 2007, 12:22 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try updating the drivers or if possible have a look on the bottom of the keyboard or mouse and click to change the freq
Old 02 January 2007, 12:37 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

why dont you stop trying to perserve with what seems to be a hopeless case, either go back to the shop where you bought them from and exchange them or fork out for another one, but this time wired. much less hassle and you can use your batteries for something else
Old 02 January 2007, 12:56 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Buy a cheap wired keyboard and mouse. It'll be cheaper in the long run (no batteries see ) and will give you far less hassle. Should cost you less than a tenner the pair.

Helps if I'd read SwissTony's post before bothering to type all that on my faultless wired keyboard of course

Trending Topics

Old 02 January 2007, 01:04 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
why dont you stop trying to perserve with what seems to be a hopeless case, either go back to the shop where you bought them from and exchange them or fork out for another one, but this time wired. much less hassle and you can use your batteries for something else
i am pretty sure that you told me to get this one

blame swiss
Old 02 January 2007, 01:22 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i think i have fixed my keyboard

i took out the receiver while i looked for the Manuel but i couldn't find it. when i went to put the receiver back ion the dog had been chewing it, wiped the slobber off and now the KB works perfectly
Old 02 January 2007, 01:41 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

firstly ms squares.I n ever recommended you that keyboard/mouse combination. TBH I have used a fair amount of them and they all have their little issues over time, be it signal, batteries etc. You might have better luck with a bluetooth combination (dear god dont take my advice), but in the end, wired is always always far less hassle.

secondly, my sister is always complaining of issues with her keyboard/mouse etc (on her old pc before I got her an imac ) and it seems her rabbit was chewing through every bloody mouse and keybaord I got her.
so keep your blinking mutts away from your pc and it should be all fine.....

you mutt
Old 02 January 2007, 01:47 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
firstly ms squares.I n ever recommended you that keyboard/mouse combination. TBH I have used a fair amount of them and they all have their little issues over time, be it signal, batteries etc. You might have better luck with a bluetooth combination (dear god dont take my advice), but in the end, wired is always always far less hassle.

secondly, my sister is always complaining of issues with her keyboard/mouse etc (on her old pc before I got her an imac ) and it seems her rabbit was chewing through every bloody mouse and keybaord I got her.
so keep your blinking mutts away from your pc and it should be all fine.....

you mutt
i got the wireless to free up some ports but i didnt gain much, wish i never bothered now. it might have been rannoch that told me to get it

its fine now anyway. my dog chewed it a bit while i wasnt looking which as it turned out was a good thing

hairy gonad