Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Updating

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2006, 09:34 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updating

Well after buying a stupidly sized monitor to use (42" LCD), as my other half keeps hogging the vaio laptop i got her, going to go blind so got a 19" LCD, now i've kinda decided to update the pc, i havent really been technically minded on pc's for a while and well am a bit outdated with them so was going to ask what would you recommend and what's the latest technololgy as i've heard of dual core? processors?

I use the PC for web-designing packages, work and recently started to play games which seem, online and offline.

Since formatting the pc, i've installed a few other packages i have been trying to learn from as i've been playing around with animation and graphic programs which has totally slowed the pc down as they are quite powerful packages.

My current spec is as follows:

2 GHz system
80GB HD1
60GB HD2
512 DDRAM
120GB External HD to keep downloads
128 graphics card ATI RADEON

I gather i could use some of my components for now like DVD R-W, floppys, for now, HD's but would be ideally looking for a new motherboard, processor, RAM, graphics card to fit in the really expensive and "cool" looking case i bought for it.

i would be grateful in advance if u recommend the components available and which sites to use?cheapest places etc?