Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPod - charging away from home

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2006, 08:47 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod - charging away from home

Has anyone used a USB hub or a travel charger (non-Apple) with USB socket built-in, in order to charge their iPod?

Does the "Do Not Disconnect" message appear? If so, how do you disconnect the iPod? If not, what does happen?

I have a 5G player and the only time I've disconnected it when that message was on-screen, a load of photos stored on it, were corrupted.

The kind of travel charger I'm talking about can be seen here... SwissTravelProducts - English - Homepage.

Thanks.
Old 05 December 2006, 01:26 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I very much doubt you'll see the "Do Not Disconnect" message when you plug it in as it'll just be charging there won't be a data connection happening, plus even if it did say "Do Not Disconnect" I doubt you'd cause any problems as device isn't being accessed.

I've used an Apple USB charger for my iPods and it's always just charged them, so I doubt any other charger would cause a problem.

I'd try the device before travelling to make sure it'll work, plus I'd backup anything critical from the iPod to the computer before trying it, just to be safe.
Old 05 December 2006, 10:53 AM
Miles
Scooby Regular

A travel charger came with my wife's 4G and have just tested with my 5G. Only thing that happens is that the battery indicator in the top right corner shows the charge, no message, no corruption.

Oh, now I re-read your message and you say non-Apple. We also have a set of Logitech speakers, with a non-Apple charger, which also charge the iPod when they are docked. No problems at all and both iPods have been used on the dock many times.