Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

XBox 360

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2006, 04:47 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XBox 360

I am currently thinking of buying a 360, but i am wondering if anyone has tried them compared to the PS2. And has anyone tried playing online agaisnt other people online.

I would like to say its not for me but yes it is and i am married and 31
Old 03 December 2006, 04:53 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Moved it to the correct forum for you

Considerably better than the ps3 as for online play you'll find loads of us from here on Live
Old 03 December 2006, 04:57 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I bought my 360 to replace my PS2 and i havent been disapointed! Its all round a superior machine. If you can strech it buy the premium package as it'll save you money long term. It comes with the hard drive, wireless controller (which is very comfortable compared to the PS2 one IMO) and the headset etc ready for online gaming. If I remember rightly it also had the temp membership to xbox live. Also at the minute there are so many must have games for it. Buy it you wont regret it!!

P.S Dont worry about your age, I'm 29 and still a big games fan!!
Old 03 December 2006, 05:26 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Age - dont worry about it, my friends list includes some americans in their 50's...

Can't really compare to 2 technically, vastly different graphic capabilities (1 is 6 years older than the other) - the main difference being online gaming, its not essential with a 360 but you'll certainly be missing out.
Old 03 December 2006, 06:18 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

How does the online gaming work? I have been looking at getting the premium package.
Old 03 December 2006, 06:26 PM
Sheepsh Hagger
Scooby Newbie

You need a broadband connection and if you do get the premium package you'll have everthing else you need. You will also need to subscribe to xbox live.
Old 03 December 2006, 06:28 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Got the broadband allready. Do you just put your game into your machine and then look to who is wanting to play.
Old 03 December 2006, 06:33 PM
Sheepsh Hagger
Scooby Newbie

There is a bit of tinkering required. i havent set up myself yet but I plan to soon. The best man to ask is probably messiah. He floats around regular enough and he's helped my mate in the past.
Old 03 December 2006, 07:02 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

As soon as you connect the 360 into the router, the 360 will set it all up for you automatically - the hardest part is thinking of a gamertag that hasnt already gone. If you have any trouble, the settings blade on the dashboard has a test connection utility that'll show you where the problem lies - if you get anything that gives you headaches, post back as there's plenty on here who can help.

Getting online with a game is easy enough - put the disc in most have the option of "Xbox live" - this'll get you online gaming, if you're just starting, choose "quick game" and it'll a find a game for you - when you've got the taste for it you'll be able to suss out whats what no problem.

Dont worry about the subscription to start with, everyone gets the first 30 days free for the Gold Sub - which is the one that allows you to play online,
Old 03 December 2006, 07:51 PM
Sleazy Badger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theboy
Got the broadband allready. Do you just put your game into your machine and then look to who is wanting to play.
There's normally a bit of tinkering required with your router settings to get Live to function properly to begin with - but if you're fairly savvy it won't take you long. I had a small problem with my NAT settings and port forwarding but there's plenty of help on the web to guide you through.

All I can say is BUY ONE. You won't be disappointed! Especially now the games are getting better all the time now...

p.s. I'm 28 and my missus HATES the 360