Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone got a Realmagic Xcard and Sweetspot video Processor?

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2006, 06:40 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a Realmagic Xcard and Sweetspot video Processor?

I'm dabbling on the idea of making a PC based a/v media solution. A media centre with more bells and whistles if you may call it

So anyone use these? :

RealMagic Xcard DVD and Divx player with PDI Interface

and

.: pluggedin.tv - SweetSpot Video Processor :. A PCI capture card for HTPC/HCPC compatible with DScaler which brings RGB capture, component capture, s-video capture, composite capture and also the Parallel Digital Interface (PDI) together at the lowe

Now my solution is a bit **** over tit because I will have the computing gear, but not yet invested in decent visual solution (thought I'd wait for the technologies to settle and get properly established).

1st I want RGB INPUT and recording capeability (sorted by the sweetspot DVP), so I can hook up the Sky box.

2nd I want is TV compatible RGB output (NOT YUV component) - ideally scart (sorted by the Xcard). So I can output stuff to the TV.

The reason why I want the latter is I'm not at the point where I'm ready to invest in a new HDTV, so want to squeeze as much out of what I have but still be able to use the PC as a source (for playing back pre-recorded stuff or downloaded copys of Top Gear ). The Xcard would also aloow me to dump the DVD player

I understand that my graphics card has a TV output, but its only S-video, which is pants. The xcard is the only way I can see of getting round this without resorting to DIY RGB cables and using a 2nd graphics card with custom display settings to get the correct resolution and timings. But it is the only other option I'm exploring. Unless anyone has a better solution.

I'm all ears
Old 09 November 2006, 11:54 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?

I've already forked out some extortionate amount for a Silverstone case with the remote