Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PES 6 - 360

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2006, 04:12 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PES 6 - 360

Should be at my house when I get home tonight , courtesy of those deliver early gods; Gameplay.

Anyone got this on pre-order?

If so, when do you want a spanking?

Gamertag: PeeBee71
Old 26 October 2006, 04:14 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

not pre order but i will defo get it tomorrow if i can
Old 26 October 2006, 04:17 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I was gonna pre-order it. Likewise with the new Splinter Cell game. Problem is in my old age I've realised that rushing out buying the new games before I've completed (or at least played a lot of) my existing games is stupid.
Currently addicted to TestDrive:Unlimited. Brought Dead Rising at the same time as TD:U and have barely played it.
Old 26 October 2006, 04:39 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

All being well I'll collect mine from ASDA at midnight tonight

Gonna be rather tired tomorrow I think
Old 26 October 2006, 05:01 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

What is PES 6???
Old 26 October 2006, 05:01 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Not sure whether to get this one or not. Wasn't impressed with the last one.

p.s. Neanderthal, splinter cell is good, but a bit short. I got it on Friday and had finished it by Monday. Still got some achievements to unlock but even so, I was surprised I got through the main story so quickly...
Old 26 October 2006, 05:02 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatmanscooby
What is PES 6???
Pro Evo Soccer
Old 26 October 2006, 05:10 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Ah thanks
Old 26 October 2006, 05:57 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Not sure whether to get this one or not. Wasn't impressed with the last one.

p.s. Neanderthal, splinter cell is good, but a bit short. I got it on Friday and had finished it by Monday. Still got some achievements to unlock but even so, I was surprised I got through the main story so quickly...
Thanks for the mini review Iain. I've brought every version so far, love the series (not a big fan of the multiplayer aspect though).

Matt
Old 26 October 2006, 06:00 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game. Really enjoyed it (I've played all the others as well). I was just disappointed it was over so quickly...
Old 26 October 2006, 06:36 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Thats good to know, i've got it on rental today
Old 26 October 2006, 11:29 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I think quite a few places have been selling this and Fifa 07 before the official launch date.I had a look in my local Gamestation yesterday (Wednesday) when I was passing and they had both Fifa 07 and PES6 for sale.I asked the guy why and he said that another shop had started to sell them early so they followed suit...
If anybody's interested, PES6 is £34.99 at PC World if you reserve online and collect in store. (I think they've been selling ahead of the official release date too)
What's the verdict on it anyway? How does it compare to Fifa 07?

Cheers

Nick
Old 27 October 2006, 12:55 AM
Sleazy Badger
Scooby Regular

Got my copy earlier today and played it this afternoon. The gameplay itself is not that different from previous incarnations and the graphics are ok (I still think they could be better though) I also noticed a couple of 'stutters' during gameplay.

But who cares about all that eh? It's still PES and it still rocks. Who's up for a xbox live game?

Until then I'll crack on with the master league - come on 'Castolo' score you little tw@t!
Old 27 October 2006, 08:41 AM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NickAdams
PES6 is £34.99 at PC World if you reserve online and collect in store.
Cheers
Old 27 October 2006, 10:18 AM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

I got this last night and played a few games in the master league to get used to the controls and it was pretty much the same as PES5 but at least they have got rid of the stupid fouls when you ran alongside or behind someone..
I could not get on live unless my mate sent me a game invite then we could have a game but I wish I had not bothered..The players ran around perfectly ok but there was a delay in when I pressed the buttons from when the player did anything..It is really noticeable when you take a free kick or corner,move the stick to change direction and for a split second nothing then it turns,press the shoot button and the power bar is the same..I just could not play like that..Anyone else noticed this???
Old 27 October 2006, 10:22 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I passed GAME at 5pm yesterday and it was on the shelfs, I asked and he said they all got the shipment on Wednesday, other shops were selling it so they was. Only managed to get one game in yesterday though cause I was going out. Didnt like it on first impression, felt like FIFA, alot slower than previous PES games. Doesnt feel right playing PES with a 360 controller either but Im sure I'll get used to it.
Old 27 October 2006, 10:22 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOVI
I could not get on live unless my mate sent me a game invite then we could have a game but I wish I had not bothered..The players ran around perfectly ok but there was a delay in when I pressed the buttons from when the player did anything..It is really noticeable when you take a free kick or corner,move the stick to change direction and for a split second nothing then it turns,press the shoot button and the power bar is the same..I just could not play like that..Anyone else noticed this???

Yup - there is a definite delay between pressing the button and something happening. I suspect it is one of those things you will get used to eventually - but hopefully they will sort out the servers or whatever they need to do and make it seemless.

Overall I am unimpressed - I played the PS2 version last night at well, and it is a much better experience than the 360 one. the 360 version is a shoddy conversion, rather than a specific write - The graphics are no improvment at all on 5, the gameplay is far, far slower on 360 than it is an PS2, and the fact you get slowdown during set pieces is ridiculous.

The fact I paid £10 over the PS2 version and £22 over the PC version to get the 360 version just makes it worse.

Still Live play might save it - just.
Old 27 October 2006, 10:23 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
I alot slower than previous PES games.
Yup - but only on the 360 version
Old 27 October 2006, 10:31 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Hmm thats ****e!
I remember noticing the slow down on the PS2 version of PES5 where there wasn't any on the Xbox version. Seems to have swapped around.
I might be tempted to switch to FIFA this time round...
Old 27 October 2006, 10:31 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Found it difficult getting used to 360 control system after PS2.
Made no difference to my overall standard as my son still beat me to a pulp

Need more practise.
Old 27 October 2006, 11:11 AM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Yup - there is a definite delay between pressing the button and something happening. I suspect it is one of those things you will get used to eventually - but hopefully they will sort out the servers or whatever they need to do and make it seemless.
At least someone else has noticed it...If it does not get sorted out it will be cack...Most shots,passes and feints work when timed to perfection..You might get used to it but if you play the master league and on live it will be a bit harder going from one to the other..
Old 28 October 2006, 11:09 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

I'm sure there will be an update released as with COD 2, But there are a lot of options missing, big disappointment, but i still prefer it to FIFA.

PES 4 was when the series peaked, few tweaks and it was there, 5 wasn't great, to much of a sim, and 6 is worse still.
Old 29 October 2006, 10:33 AM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

An ok game, just slightly better than Fifa

Was talking to a mate yesterday and we agreed Football games my look better but the best fun we had was with Actua Soccer on the ps 1

Or Kick off on the Amiga
Old 29 October 2006, 11:25 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

best footy game for me was Sensible World Of Soccer on the Amiga, Pro evo 6 on the 360 plays great for me its just the fatal omissions such as only 1vs1 online whearas FIFA and even the PS2 version has 4vs4, which is a great feature. Hopefully a patch will be released on live or though shops which allows to write all the wrong player names etc. Graphics are OK but could be better. Sort of like the programmers had 3 months and were told "just do what you can" sort of thing.
Old 29 October 2006, 03:16 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike1210
best footy game for me was Sensible World Of Soccer on the Amiga, Pro evo 6 on the 360 plays great for me its just the fatal omissions such as only 1vs1 online whearas FIFA and even the PS2 version has 4vs4, which is a great feature. Hopefully a patch will be released on live or though shops which allows to write all the wrong player names etc. Graphics are OK but could be better. Sort of like the programmers had 3 months and were told "just do what you can" sort of thing.
Bring it on

Codemasters forum - Codemasters and Microsoft confirm Sensible World of Soccer for Xbox Live Arcade
Old 29 October 2006, 10:54 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

better pray its not written by the team that did the recent Sensible Soccer on PS2, XBOX & PC - it was rushed and atrocious
Old 29 October 2006, 10:56 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

even worse was the fact that Jon Hare (the lead programmer) having digs at Pro Evo and FIFA before it came out. Sensible Software were great in their day though