Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

how to download bit torrents

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2006, 11:36 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to download bit torrents

how do i do it and what do i need?
i've downloaded azureus for the mac but whenever i click on a download it only downloads a small amount and i cant seem to get to anywhere with it.
i found season 3 of lost about 350 odd mb and it will only do about 27.5 mb and i can't even find anywhere to watch what it has downloaded, any mac gurus got any ideas please.
Old 22 October 2006, 01:14 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

anybody please
Old 22 October 2006, 05:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Try Bits on Wheels as the client software, it's what I've used with no problems at all.

You should be able to open BOW and then open the torrent description file you have downloaded and it'll then download the data.

What ISP do you use? I ask as some ISP's throttle things for the ports usually used by bit torrent, or they traffic shape. In other words they are trying to limit or stop you downloading torrents. You may want to pop over here and search and see if your ISP is mentioned and if so, what restrcitions, if any are placed by them on downloading torrents.

As for watching the data it has already downloaded, I don't think you'll be able to do that as you don't have a complete file. Something like VLC might play the incomplete download, but I think you'd be very lucky if it showed anything at all.