Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

VIRUS BURST HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2006, 12:58 AM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VIRUS BURST HELP NEEDED

I have Norton Security which has detected Virus Burst but can`t remove it. I am now receiving loads of pop ups/adware telling me of major threats to my computer and that they could scan and remove my virus. This is my 1st experience of any such virus etc. Should I be worried? Any tips on how to end this problem greatly appreciated.
Old 16 October 2006, 02:15 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing would be to reboot into safe mode (reboot and after the bios screen pops up press F8 and you should get a screen allowing you to select "safe mode"), then run norton and get it to remove as much as it can. Reboot into safe mode again and give norton another run, just to make sure.

Hopefully that'll clean things up. What you probably then want to do is download something like Ad-Adware and/or Spybot Search & Destroy and get them installed and scanning the drive for any nasties.
Old 16 October 2006, 01:57 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

This is a bugger - I've had sooooo much grief with a similar trojan - you think you've cleared it off but it pops up again. I spent about £100 downloading all sorts of extra spyware etc and the only one that worked, and cleared it (I think) is one called spynomore: SpyNoMore Anti-Spyware: Spyware Detection, Spyware Remover, Spyware Protection They also guarantee to remove any spyware or your money back I think.

Be careful with this trojan, I think it has the ability to keystroke log as well which means it can log sensitive passwords etc. (i.e internet banking) as well (though mine didn't seem criminal, just bloody annoying).

Hope this helps,

Russ
Old 16 October 2006, 06:03 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

My Uncle has the same one, well one of them is anyway... see the thread not very far away from here and you'll see that I had real trouble getting rid of it.
Easier and less grief in the long run to do a format and reinstall the OS.

Not sure if it's the virus causing it but on my Uncles machine, it wont boot into safe mode so I was buggered anyway..

Andy
Old 18 October 2006, 01:54 AM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers guys. Got SpyNoMore and it removed everything, Virus Burst, Zlobs etc. Norton not as good as PCWorld claim then?