Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Samsung LE40R74BDX LCD - Mains Interference?

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2006, 07:26 AM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Samsung LE40R74BDX LCD - Mains Interference?

Hi folks, we recently took delivery of a shiny (VERY!) Samsung LE40R74BDX LCD...

Having installed it on the wall I noticed some "Mains Ripple" on the screen, after several hours this was found to be coming via the aerial lead which shared it's ground connection with the Sky+ coax on a dual faceplate (Only visable using AV inputs).
One Junior hacksaw later this was rectified but there was still visible on certain colours a very slight mains ripple, I have now narrowed this down to the mains lead.

I thought it was because the lead was routed with the other cables, as when I plugged the TV directly into a 30m extension lead it stops completey so rerouted the cable but the fault persists.

Has anyone come across this kind of thing before and know how to rectify it, 30m extension lead is not the easiest of things to hide in an otherwise pretty neat AV Installation