Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Any veiws on this Samsung Q1V000 Ultra Mobile PC

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2006, 02:41 PM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any veiws on this Samsung Q1V000 Ultra Mobile PC

As above any one got any experience of this piece of kit it can come with optonal keyboard , Girlfriend need a light wieght type laptop with m/s office etc , but not sure if we want to go viao at £1500 plus any ideas

cheers ray t
Old 06 October 2006, 03:49 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

pants...
Old 08 October 2006, 07:45 PM
ando
Scooby Regular

Well, I've used one and continue to have access to it because I support a user with one at work. For what they are, they are excellent, you really do need the keyboard at all times though, and also don't forget the tiny screen resolution, which can even make some websites hard to navigate. They've tried to get round this by using a feature which puts the screen in a higher resolution that it can show, it looks a little goopy, but to be honest it's workable.

As an object it's really very nice, and your girlfriend will get lots of comments on her new laptop. Good set of features, bluetooth, wifi, decent amount of ram and hard disk space. I would suggest having a look and quick use of one before parting with your cash. But this is defiantly going to be my next laptop. Another one to think about is the Flybook, you can see it at www.scan.co.uk , they're a bit on the pricey side though...

Another alternative is to get her one of the PDA style phones, the XDA exec has a useable keyboard (but not for long periods!) plus access to pocket Word, wifi etc etc. I've seen these knocking around second hand now for £250.