Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Downloaded music that won't let you burn?!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2006, 12:21 PM
flatoutscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downloaded music that won't let you burn?!

I can't beleive it, downloaded an album last night but it won't let me record it onto CD which is a total rip off IMHO. Am I being stupid or has anyone else come across this problem?

Luke
Old 03 September 2006, 12:36 PM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

Where did you download it from? Itunes lets you burn the music a few times before stopping you.
Old 03 September 2006, 03:12 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

iTunes Music Store files are protected, however, if you have your burn settings configured to "Audio CD" It will let you burn them. What you can then do is re-import the files from the CD which will give you an unprotected copy. Of course the quality may suffer a little as you are re-encoding files that were previously encoded.

I would not be surprised if there are music services out there that won't allow you to burn music to CD.
Old 03 September 2006, 06:16 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frosty The Snowman
Where did you download it from? Itunes lets you burn the music a few times before stopping you.
Itunes allow unlimited burning to CD of their music. And yes, once burnt to a CD the songs are totally unprotected and can be imported anywhere.

Quality wise, i'd be amazed if most people could really tell the difference, with the ambient noise in a car, outside with a walkman, in an office etc. And if you were that serious about sound quality you wouldn't be downloading in the first place.
Old 04 September 2006, 08:51 AM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Itunes allow unlimited burning to CD of their music. And yes, once burnt to a CD the songs are totally unprotected and can be imported anywhere.

Quality wise, i'd be amazed if most people could really tell the difference, with the ambient noise in a car, outside with a walkman, in an office etc. And if you were that serious about sound quality you wouldn't be downloading in the first place.
Well you learn something new every day

Thought that was one of the restrictions with Itunes, not that I've ever needed to burn anything as I pretty much just use my Ipod for everything, in the car and at home.