Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Xbox360 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2006, 08:46 PM
MBK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xbox360 problems

My Xbox360 has died and 360 Customer Support are about next to useless.

I have never had to use any kind of customer support for a console before and boy am I glad.

A week & 4 phone calls later - 30 minutes each time just to get connected and over 50 minutes per call, and I'm still waiting for 'return labels'......

I just love call centres where all the staff speak perfect English I mean you wouldn't expect them to be able to spell hotmail.com would you - not many people use that!! Ooh or is that a product of the company they work for...

Oh and they refuse to answer e-mails becuase of 'privacy and security' like they have any idea who is on the end of a phone...

They also ask for credit card details as proof of who you are I just laughed, the machine is under warranty, registered with them and yet they can't access these records...not the same department.

So hope you don't suffer similar problems but my 360 had worked fine for 8 months until 2 weeks ago and then it just started to freeze up, within a week it was dead!

Enjoy the new games you lucky people!!
Old 01 September 2006, 09:46 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

My 360 died this week as well, but I haven't had any of the problems you are talking about. I had a link for the labels e-mailed to me, I printed them out arrange for collection with UPS and they turned up at the time I asked for.
At no point did the support people ask for my credit card details either, seems a bit strange that they did for you.

I received an e-mail today to say they have got the console and will get it back to me as soon as possible.
It seems to me it depends a lot on the competence of the person at the other end of the phone as I found them to be quite helpful.

What worries me though is my console is getting near to being out of warranty. What happens then if it goes wrong, as there seems to be quite a high failure rate. Will we be expected to cough up some money for repairs ?
Old 01 September 2006, 09:58 PM
MBK
Scooby Regular

Chris,

how did you avoid the 30 minute phone wait? ? I totally agree the main problem is the incompetence at the other end of the phone, I now have 4 references for the same fault and they have had to send the labels as they can't change an e-mail address (which they admit they got wrong - taped conversations work both ways!) once entered, wow what a great system!

Who knows what will happen next...

After having been a Sony customer for years with no problems I really regret the switch, never a problem.

Like you I wonder what will happen at one year and one day. Expensive if it means a new console every 8 months - maybe PC gaming is cheaper afterall!!

Ah well rant over!!
Old 01 September 2006, 10:16 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

how did you avoid the 30 minute phone wait? ?
I didn't unfortunately. I was waiting for about 25 minutes, but as it was a freephone number I wasn't that bothered. Also I did phone them on a bank holiday Monday morning and I know a lot of other support lines wouldn't be even open then.
Old 01 September 2006, 10:29 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

After having been a Sony customer for years with no problems I really regret the switch, never a problem.
How easy we forget ! I had two PS2's go bang on me after that launch. you think the PS3 will be better ? it's a death rate for new electronics that happens all the time.
Old 01 September 2006, 10:39 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
How easy we forget ! I had two PS2's go bang on me after that launch. you think the PS3 will be better ? it's a death rate for new electronics that happens all the time.
Damn straight. I doubt the PS3 will be much better. Always wait for the 2nd edition. There's normally a healthy back catalogue of cheap games by then too

Feel for you guys who bought them early, well those that had problems, and those that have to wait for new releases.

We bought a PS2, XBox and GC all late on but have been going strong for 2+ years each now.