Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Spam Spam aarrrgghhh GGTS - GITS more like

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2006, 04:33 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Spam Spam aarrrgghhh GGTS - GITS more like

Is it just me or does anyone else get literally hunderds of spam mails about this GGTS flotation.

I hope their company burns down and everyone loses a finger or something the annoying *******
Old 02 September 2006, 11:51 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichB
Is it just me or does anyone else get literally hunderds of spam mails about this GGTS flotation.

I hope their company burns down and everyone loses a finger or something the annoying *******
ive just started to get it to, loads of share stuff, company called goldmark industries, just note the email addys, and sign them up for ****

lets see if they like it

Mart
Old 02 September 2006, 07:54 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry, but I believe that is the wrong attitude to take...

If the spam is about shares, then 99.9999% of the time it will not be sent by the company being promoted. The senders email address is usually either randomised real email addresses or totally fictious ones.

By singing people up to **** etc, you are contributing to the spam volume and increasing unwanted email to innocent people.

The spammers make money by buying a load of cheap/penny type shares, promote it, price increases slightly and they dump their shares making some money.

There are more twists to the technique, but that is basically what mostly happens.

Imo..

H
Old 03 September 2006, 08:37 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HHxx
I'm sorry, but I believe that is the wrong attitude to take...

If the spam is about shares, then 99.9999% of the time it will not be sent by the company being promoted. The senders email address is usually either randomised real email addresses or totally fictious ones.

By singing people up to **** etc, you are contributing to the spam volume and increasing unwanted email to innocent people.

The spammers make money by buying a load of cheap/penny type shares, promote it, price increases slightly and they dump their shares making some money.

There are more twists to the technique, but that is basically what mostly happens.

Imo..

H
ok fine, give my your email addy, and i,ll pass it onto them, that way you can have my spam, and see yow you feel :grr: and its not shares, its just crap random s*it refering to shares and words... would love to crash there server with the s*it they send me

and signing them up for **** isnt spam, at least they could have a **** over it unlike there crap

Mart
Old 03 September 2006, 09:50 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

the only consistent thing is the contents of the image in the email, all the extra words to throw off the filters are different, name of the image file enclosed is different, senders address different..... Bunch of tw@s.
Old 03 September 2006, 10:32 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

I always use my ip. email for friends and family, and set up yahoo or hotmail accounts for registering on websites. I never get any spam on the ip one and if it gets to bad on the others I just set up another!