Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Word won't print bigger than A3

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2006, 12:37 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Word won't print bigger than A3

This is driving me nuts.

I have an old Xerox Docuprint C20 wide format PS printer which can print up to 320mm x 558mm (12.6" x 22" ).

Now I use this to print on large format envelopes. Up until now I've printed on 222mm x 327mm. This works but needed alot of fiddling with Word to get it to work (set page size as A3 then re-set margins to suit - which is all **** over tit, but its the only way it would work with non standard page sizes).

Now I want to print bigger than A3. Now, I don't have any pre-set page options in word or in the print driver options for larger than A3, so I set the page size to "Custom" in the print driver's default options which should allow the printer to print to its maximum limits.

However, when I get to setting up the page options in Word I set the custom page size to my needs, which it accepts, but it says the margins are too small. If I click "fix" it makes the magins so big, that the effective page size is that of A4. If I click "ignore" The page looks fine, everything fits. However, when I print or do a print preview, everything outside a A4 area is chopped off

Is there some stupid option I am missing to force word to print outside its self imposed margined areas???? Because for some reason it thinks the paper is A4 when the print driver default is set correctly, as is the page setup size in Word

Help!

Oh why don't I have Adobe at w*rk?

(word 2002 v10 btw )

Last edited by Shark Man; 08 August 2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08 August 2006, 02:01 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem sorted

...I used Excel instead