Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

wanadoo/orange ISP problem

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2006, 10:10 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry wanadoo/orange ISP problem

Not sure if anyone else has copt for this problem but my 4mb broadband has been playing up since saturday - basicly it wont connect - ive only got 1 solid green light the other is flashing as it cannot instalise the ASDL line - Ive not touched anything and wanadoo havent a clue -ive even reinstalled the modem software but to no avail

I have put my old 56k modem in the pc and thats working fine (god its slow)

any ideas?

I am also thinking of dumping wanadoo and getting sombody else any reccomendations (bulldog etc)??

thanks

Justin
Old 05 July 2006, 03:31 PM
mattbeef
Scooby Regular

Ive had the same problem with them and after speaking to some one that not in India i managed to get it sorted after a line test and changing my router (which had gone anyway).

I know its a pain but keep hanging up till you get an english voice as they will listen to what you say rather than following their bloody flow charts they have been given
Old 05 July 2006, 03:37 PM
scoobyverysoon

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mattbeef
Ive had the same problem with them and after speaking to some one that not in India i managed to get it sorted after a line test and changing my router (which had gone anyway).

I know its a pain but keep hanging up till you get an english voice as they will listen to what you say rather than following their bloody flow charts they have been given

funny enough I am having a line test at the mo - their tech advisers are stupid and are hard to understand as there english is rubbish - I might just do that - thanks
Old 05 July 2006, 06:55 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try not to get too annoyed with them
Old 05 July 2006, 10:12 PM
mattbeef
Scooby Regular

Just keep calling and pray you get an english advisor they are helpful and will do their best to help you.
Bless her she stayed on the phone for 45 mins with me and even let me talk to the supervisor with no quibbles
Old 05 July 2006, 11:36 PM
scoobyverysoon

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mattbeef
Just keep calling and pray you get an english advisor they are helpful and will do their best to help you.
Bless her she stayed on the phone for 45 mins with me and even let me talk to the supervisor with no quibbles
the thing which narks me is they cannot ring you back - there coining it in by ringing their bloody numbers - latest is they asked me to leave the PC on for 3 hours while they did a line check - after the 3 hours I rang them to see whats going on - they said (english guy this time) oh there does seem to be a fault we now need to run another line test to find out what the problem is can you ring back in an hour - its doing my head in now as I have to use crappy dial up (no offence people who are on this)

+ its costing me a fortune to keep ringing them up.

Anyone know any good service providers?
Old 17 July 2006, 09:53 PM
scoobyverysoon

Angry

right thats it Ive had it with them - after yet even more phone calls Ive asked for the Mac code - Ive now cancelled my BB and must wait up to 5 days for them to stop hogging my line, then I can move else where - the crazy thing, is that even the support team (an english guy this time ) said since orange took over its gone right down hill

whats tiscali like ? I dont want to be paying over the odds also I havent got cable so I am very limeted on what I can get

total of 17 days with no broadband - Ive also just looked at their own fourms and its littered with - the same sort of problems since orange took over
Old 17 July 2006, 11:13 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Had to reactivate my pay-as-you-go email address with them and got all their cr@p downloaded with it. Spent ages changing everything back to what I had before.
Old 18 July 2006, 12:11 PM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
right thats it Ive had it with them - after yet even more phone calls Ive asked for the Mac code - Ive now cancelled my BB and must wait up to 5 days for them to stop hogging my line, then I can move else where - the crazy thing, is that even the support team (an english guy this time ) said since orange took over its gone right down hill

whats tiscali like ? I dont want to be paying over the odds also I havent got cable so I am very limeted on what I can get

total of 17 days with no broadband - Ive also just looked at their own fourms and its littered with - the same sort of problems since orange took over
Don't go to tiscali - my experience was awful.
Old 19 July 2006, 10:17 AM
scoobyverysoon

Originally Posted by GrollySTI
Don't go to tiscali - my experience was awful.

Oh no dont say that - is anyone actually decent?