Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DECT phones & WiFi radiation 'worse' than mobiles...

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2006, 05:25 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question DECT phones & WiFi radiation 'worse' than mobiles...

Anyone else come across this DECT phone scare stuff:
Hundreds of families are exposing themselves and their children, families, neighbours, colleagues, people in their care, and even pets, to continuous pulsed microwave radiation from DECT phones in their homes and offices without realising the health implications.
From http://www.mastsanity.org/media/34me...droom-0505.htm

The missus came across it and insisted DECT phone was decomissioned and Router WiFi was turned off

Thought I'd better do it until we get a bit more info...

Cheers

Mick
Old 27 June 2006, 09:20 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think these sorts of scares are rubbish myself; there's no evidence that I have seen about mobiles, let alone dect phones and wi-fi.

Considering that dect and wi-fi have ranges less than 100m (ish, not sure of the figures) whilst mobiles work for miles I can't see how they'd be worse.

Decommission the missus instead? Nagging has been proven to cause health problems in males...
Old 28 June 2006, 09:34 AM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I think the idea is that with mobile phones the mast is located at some distance from you whereas with the DECT phone the transmitter is in your house - and with the older DECT phones it is transmitting continuously. The newer ones recognise when the phone is on the cradle and cut the transmission.

As for being 'worse than' mobile phone masts - that is the major iffy point - In the UK we seem to have deemed mobile phone mast perfectly safe and locate them on school buildings as well as everywhere else. So being 'worse than' mobile phone masts 'should' not be an issue...

The reports though come from Germany - and the Germans are not known for their sensationalism, the UK on the other hand is quite happy to suppress anything if it is against 'the government of the days' best interests