Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Pipex Max Regrade

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2006, 10:13 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipex Max Regrade

have any existing pipex users been upgraded the the Max 8meg yet?

every email or call is met by them saying it's bT's bulk migration tool that's at fault and it should start soon
Old 16 June 2006, 11:49 AM
kernel
Scooby Regular

Sort of, I've been upgraded on Nildram which Pipex bought somewhile ago now.
Old 16 June 2006, 02:21 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

thought that the adsl max was rolled out across the country in march of this year
Old 16 June 2006, 03:03 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
thought that the adsl max was rolled out across the country in march of this year
and that's my problem with Pipex in a nutshell
Old 16 June 2006, 03:11 PM
Andy-C
Scooby Regular

I didn't even know they were rolling out an 8 meg upgrade...... I'm on 2 meg and that was after battling with them AND I've been with them 4 years!

How do we get this upgrade......and is it free?
Old 16 June 2006, 06:48 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

I'm also with PlusNet and HAVE been upgraded, although it has had no effect on my download speed.
There are definately problems with the Max upgrade (BT problems not ISP problems) - some users have been left with very unreliable connections, others have been left without any working connection. Others, like me, seem to be artificially restricted somewhere in BTs system, despite everything saying I should get 8Mbit downloads.

Lots of ISPs have had masses of support calls about problems with the Max update, which is why BT have taken the bulk migration tool offline again.

Trending Topics

Old 16 June 2006, 08:19 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

sorry but its up to 8 meg and a tool called rambo (yes i know it sounds stupid ) sits on the line and checks to see what the line will run at over aprox ten days then sets it as perminent cant comment on migration tool
Old 16 June 2006, 08:21 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

oh and bt had 98% of exch,s done by march 31 st
Old 16 June 2006, 10:43 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

I'm also with PlusNet and HAVE been upgraded, although it has had no effect on my download speed.
There are definately problems with the Max upgrade (BT problems not ISP problems) - some users have been left with very unreliable connections, others have been left without any working connection. Others, like me, seem to be artificially restricted somewhere in BTs system, despite everything saying I should get 8Mbit downloads.

Lots of ISPs have had masses of support calls about problems with the Max update, which is why BT have taken the bulk migration tool offline again.
What he said ^^^
Old 17 June 2006, 10:14 AM
s-man
Scooby Regular

Spoke to someone at Pipex yesterday as I intended to cancel and move to talk talk. Basically told them I wasn't happy that I'm still on 512k for 20 quid a month when other companies deals have moved on. The person i spoke to managed to convince me to hold off cancelling for a bit because in her words 'if we get our way there should be some much more appealing deals on the table in July - hopefully'. So, whilst I aint holding my breath I didn't need to cancel there and then so said I'd wait and call them again to cancel and see what they could offer me. They did offer to reduce my monthly payment to 14.99 there and then as well which was a surprise. She mentioned somehting about other companies having adsl max or 2 or soemthing but she made it sound like they don't offer it yet?
Old 17 June 2006, 10:39 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s-man
Spoke to someone at Pipex yesterday as I intended to cancel and move to talk talk. Basically told them I wasn't happy that I'm still on 512k for 20 quid a month when other companies deals have moved on. The person i spoke to managed to convince me to hold off cancelling for a bit because in her words 'if we get our way there should be some much more appealing deals on the table in July - hopefully'. So, whilst I aint holding my breath I didn't need to cancel there and then so said I'd wait and call them again to cancel and see what they could offer me. They did offer to reduce my monthly payment to 14.99 there and then as well which was a surprise. She mentioned somehting about other companies having adsl max or 2 or soemthing but she made it sound like they don't offer it yet?
If you can get 2mbit it should be free to upgrade if you agree to another 12 month contract. Thats what I did.

Simon.
Old 21 June 2006, 10:02 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dharbige
BT admitted a problem at the exchange today, which the engineer duly fixed.
My MaxDSL line has just given me a figure of 5222 Kbps download speed.

Nice!