Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Adding a poi to my TomTom 5 software

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2006, 10:07 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a poi to my TomTom 5 software

Hi folks, looking for a bit off help, have been using TomTom 5 software ( tt5 navigator ) on my ipaq 5450 pda and now want to replace one off the points off interest categories, have deleted the one I no longer want and have downloaded the new file that I wish to add, just wonder how I go about adding this new poi to the software ??

I take it that all poi`s are the same for each type off TT5 software ?? ie if used on tt5 mobile, tt5 navigator, tt go etc ?? ie the downloaded poi file I now have will work with my tt5 navigator within my pda ??

slightly confused !!!! anyone offer any assistance ?? would be much appreciatted.

cheers,
john
Old 12 June 2006, 10:09 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Just put the file and the symbol in the map folder and it should pick it up the next time you run the software.
Old 12 June 2006, 10:30 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay mate thanks for the quick reply !! sounds easy enough !! have not actually looked at the newly downloaded file I have for this new poi I want to install, but I take it it will / should have a file and a symbol, that you say I just place into the map folder off the software ??

thanks again apprecaitte the advice.

Okay mate, have just opened the downloaded file and I have a symbol ( petrol pump ) in my case, a csv file and an ov2 file.

Last edited by jono300; 12 June 2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 13 June 2006, 08:37 AM
joni
Scooby Regular

Sync the PDA. Open it up in my computer. open the folder that contains the maps...probably SD Card and copy the unzipped files (not the folder that contains the files) to the map folder..probably entitled "Great Britain....."

Open Tomtom on the PDA, - Change preferences, manage POI, enable/disable POI, find the new POI in the list and tick the box...job done