Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

missing files ??

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2006, 10:27 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missing files ??

Downloaded a few mp3 files from the net around a week or so ago and played them thru winamp, tried to access them tonight but when I click on tools - downloads I can see the files listed but when I click on them I get the message saying the file does not exist it may have been renamed, moved or deleted since downloaded.

now I see that the files were temp internet files and from checking my settings I see that I save all my temp files for a length off 20 days before deleting so its not a case off being automatically deleted.

tried a file search by using the words off the title off the mp3 etc but still nothing found, any ideas on anything I could try to locate these files ??

using w98,well for a week or so until I get everything moved over to the new pc running xp - pro !!!
Old 10 June 2006, 04:42 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Have you checked you're recycle bin?
Old 10 June 2006, 09:11 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Hi m8,yep have checked my recycle bin not there, guess I must have just downloaded and played them rather than opting for the save to disc option !!

oh well - thanks anyway.

john
Old 10 June 2006, 10:19 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Hi m8,yep have checked my recycle bin not there, guess I must have just downloaded and played them rather than opting for the save to disc option !!

oh well - thanks anyway.

john
You maybe able to get them back. Have a look on www.downloads.com there maybe some free undelete software to be had.
That's as long as you havn't defragged you're Hard Disk after the files were deleted.
Old 11 June 2006, 12:22 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
You maybe able to get them back. Have a look on www.downloads.com there maybe some free undelete software to be had.
That's as long as you havn't defragged you're Hard Disk after the files were deleted.

Okay mate thanks once again for your help, will certainly have a look thru the above site which you suggested to try, to be honest did not realise this could actually be done as I say have obviously just downloaded and opened the files rather than saving them to hard disc but will certainly have a look at the above website and hopefully get a bit off software which may get them back.

defraged my hard disc since downloading them ?? - nope not done that for a long time - oops !!!

anyone recommend a particular bit off software that will allow me to try retrieve these lost files then ??

thanks again mate, appreciatte your advice.

john
Old 11 June 2006, 01:46 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Okay mate thanks once again for your help, will certainly have a look thru the above site which you suggested to try, to be honest did not realise this could actually be done as I say have obviously just downloaded and opened the files rather than saving them to hard disc but will certainly have a look at the above website and hopefully get a bit off software which may get them back.

defraged my hard disc since downloading them ?? - nope not done that for a long time - oops !!!

anyone recommend a particular bit off software that will allow me to try retrieve these lost files then ??

thanks again mate, appreciatte your advice.

john
When you find some software on that site, you may also be able to read any feedback from others who have used it, to give a better picture to if it's any good or not.
That's unless it's changed since I lasted visited that site.