Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

psp films to memory card ??

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2006, 10:22 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default psp films to memory card ??

Anyone help me out with the following ??

have a few discs containing the correct mp4 formatt films for transferring over to my psp, trying to put a film from one off the discs onto my memory card but unsure if I have to copy and paste the actual folder itself or you have to open the folder and copy and paste the files within ??

tried this second method earlier but after loading around 80% an error message came up.

help ???!!!!

cheers,
john
Old 25 May 2006, 11:08 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Here you go
Old 25 May 2006, 11:50 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate will have a read !!
Old 26 May 2006, 12:56 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

pspvideo9 may help - google it.
Old 26 May 2006, 08:18 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DrEvil
pspvideo9 may help - google it.
Okay mate thanks for the tip re. pspvideo9, believe this application is for converting a formatt other than mp4 into the mp4 type required and then transferring it to the the psp, as I say the films I have here are already in mp4 formatt, have since learned that it is the actual mp4 folder that I have to copy and paste rather opening the folder and copying and pasting the files contained within.

will certainly give this above application a try thou, should I require a film converting that is not in the correct formatt.

cheers
Old 26 May 2006, 08:31 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

PSPvideo also copies films onto you're PSP.

You also have to bare in mind, that the file names have to be named in a special way for the PSP to use them. I.e:

M4V31337.MP4

This is then placed into /MP_ROOT/100MNV01

More info here:

http://www.engadget.com/2004/12/21/h...tion-portable/
Old 27 May 2006, 09:49 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
PSPvideo also copies films onto you're PSP.

You also have to bare in mind, that the file names have to be named in a special way for the PSP to use them. I.e:

M4V31337.MP4

This is then placed into /MP_ROOT/100MNV01

More info here:

http://www.engadget.com/2004/12/21/h...tion-portable/

Thanks mate, apprecaiite the info, getting a bit confused now !! have now downgraded my psp to the 1.5 firmware am I correct in saying that this 1.5 will support these mp4 video files that I am wantting to put on the memory card ??

mp4 is this the same as mpeg4 just an abbreviatted title ??

sorry for all the questions just seem to get more and more confused with this side off the psp !!

Trending Topics

Old 27 May 2006, 10:08 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Thanks mate, apprecaiite the info, getting a bit confused now !! have now downgraded my psp to the 1.5 firmware am I correct in saying that this 1.5 will support these mp4 video files that I am wantting to put on the memory card ??
Yes.

mp4 is this the same as mpeg4 just an abbreviatted title ??
Yes.
Old 27 May 2006, 12:14 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay the plot thickens - please bear with me !!!!

have followed the guide and transferred the film folder from the disc I have here onto the memory card off the psp, the psp memory card is now showing as haing used 500mb - does this sound about right for a 3 hours film ??

have looked on the psp for the wanted file but for some reason I just cant find it, it is showing on the memory card when I connect up the usb cable but as I say judst not showing on the actual psp ??

couple off things :

1/ I see from this guide / similar guides that it mentions 100mnv001 and an alternative 100anv001. now the films contained on my disc are all in the correct mp4 formatt and all named corrcetly just wonder if I have to maybe use this alternative 100anv001 ??

the reason I mention this anv version is that it did appear on the card without me actually naming a file in this way.

2/ do I possibly have to have a umd within the psp for it to play like some off the games that require this whilst playing games directly off the memory stick ??

thats it !! from reading the guide it all seems so easy but obviously I am missing something, anyone been in a similar sitaution suggest what else I could be doing wrong ??
Old 27 May 2006, 01:03 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Okay the plot thickens - please bear with me !!!!

have followed the guide and transferred the film folder from the disc I have here onto the memory card off the psp, the psp memory card is now showing as haing used 500mb - does this sound about right for a 3 hours film ??
Yes.

have looked on the psp for the wanted file but for some reason I just cant find it, it is showing on the memory card when I connect up the usb cable but as I say judst not showing on the actual psp ??

Where are you looking for it on the PSP screen? Should be under: Video -> Memory stick

At the Memory Stick option. Press 'X' button. Then select the film you want to play by pressing 'X' button again.

couple off things :

1/ I see from this guide / similar guides that it mentions 100mnv001 and an alternative 100anv001. now the films contained on my disc are all in the correct mp4 formatt and all named corrcetly just wonder if I have to maybe use this alternative 100anv001 ??
The pspvideo should put it into the correct named format for you.

2/ do I possibly have to have a umd within the psp for it to play like some off the games that require this whilst playing games directly off the memory stick ??
No.
Old 27 May 2006, 02:51 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Got there in the end mate, one off the things I was doing wrong was copying the file straight from the disk, put it on the computer first then transferred it and managed to get it working straight away so thanks for your help it was appreciatted.

one thing that I did notice thou was that the sound off the fim was very low and also the actual picture had a black bar at the top and bottom off the screen, any ideas if there is any way around these two probs ??

cheers
Old 27 May 2006, 03:23 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Got there in the end mate, one off the things I was doing wrong was copying the file straight from the disk, put it on the computer first then transferred it and managed to get it working straight away so thanks for your help it was appreciatted.

one thing that I did notice thou was that the sound off the fim was very low and also the actual picture had a black bar at the top and bottom off the screen, any ideas if there is any way around these two probs ??

cheers
Yes. On the PSP you have an option to increase volumes for UMD Movies. You can try that.

There is an option to go 16:9 on the video player controls.

Have a look at that link I provided you for details.
Old 05 June 2006, 01:09 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Does any of these programs allow you to have the film title showing on the PSP?
For instance, I converted some of my santa pod action to mp4, named it the way sony wants you to. But on the video section on the PSP it is a blank name. Where, when I have got small video clips from a PSP dvd of ebay, the files are named correctly, but they have details of the title.
Old 05 June 2006, 02:43 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
Does any of these programs allow you to have the film title showing on the PSP?
For instance, I converted some of my santa pod action to mp4, named it the way sony wants you to. But on the video section on the PSP it is a blank name. Where, when I have got small video clips from a PSP dvd of ebay, the files are named correctly, but they have details of the title.
Yes PSPvideo can do this.
Old 05 June 2006, 02:50 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

thanks. I'll "purchase" it now.
Once a film has been converted another way, I don't suppose you can add the file name then, can you?
Also, I managed to get hold of a new X-men film for the psp, it came with another file of the same description, but ended in .thm. The actual video on the psp now has a thumbnail picture. does this software let you do that?
Old 05 June 2006, 02:59 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
thanks. I'll "purchase" it now.
Once a film has been converted another way, I don't suppose you can add the file name then, can you?
Also, I managed to get hold of a new X-men film for the psp, it came with another file of the same description, but ended in .thm. The actual video on the psp now has a thumbnail picture. does this software let you do that?
No need to purchase it. It's free!

Not sure. Best having a look on their website:

http://www.pspvideo9.com/
Old 05 June 2006, 03:14 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
No need to purchase it. It's free!
d'oh
thanks for the link