Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Computer buffs - help!

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2006, 09:20 PM
gogsie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer buffs - help!

Oh wise ones please enlighten thy thicko!
My laptop got a virus after my daughter clicked yes on some popup. I took it to a computer guy who removed the virus and said the computer had been cloned. Took it home thinking it was all fixed but I've noticed that when I'm on the internet there is always one of the 2 little monitor screens showing blue. Downloaded 35mb of video clips which was a bit slow so when I checked the staus noticed that I had downloaded 26mb but sent 23mb. Surely I should just have downloaded and not sent anything?
Do you reckon someone could still be monitoring my laptop.
Old 05 April 2006, 09:47 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gogsie
Oh wise ones please enlighten thy thicko!
My laptop got a virus after my daughter clicked yes on some popup. I took it to a computer guy who removed the virus and said the computer had been cloned. Took it home thinking it was all fixed but I've noticed that when I'm on the internet there is always one of the 2 little monitor screens showing blue. Downloaded 35mb of video clips which was a bit slow so when I checked the staus noticed that I had downloaded 26mb but sent 23mb. Surely I should just have downloaded and not sent anything?
Do you reckon someone could still be monitoring my laptop.
Hi mate, try posting in the computer section that should yield something.

Maz
Old 05 April 2006, 09:59 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

what antivirus software you using? Is it up to date? Have you downloaded critical patches from windows update? Have you run ad aware and spybot on it? Should you really be using a computer? Why dont you post in computer related? which operating system is it? If its not any of the Win95 family, why dont you lock down the permissions? Are you running a firewall? Have you been surfing **** again? WHY?!
Old 05 April 2006, 10:15 PM
gogsie
Scooby Regular

Your right maybe I shouldn't be using a computer, been a member for ages and never noticed the computer related forum Now reposted in computer section