Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2006, 08:46 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Any of you chaps playing this at the moment?

Got it on Friday and seems to have swallowed a few hours of my life so far! Absolutely millions to do and see, so hopefully it'll keep me occupied for a while yet.
Old 29 March 2006, 09:12 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Yes see 360 releases just below, got it last Wednesday, brilliant game.
Old 29 March 2006, 09:27 AM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Awesome game - I decided to restart my char last night.

I'm a dark elf geared around speed, light armour, marksman, blade, destruction all bundled with some thievery on top

I was experimenting in the jail last night. How hard is it to get out? I can easily steal the keys from the passing gaurds but I can't get past them. Suppose I must become that little bit tougher first
Old 29 March 2006, 01:03 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Yep, working my way through it on the PC. Got it Saturday and it's only sucked 22 hours of my life away so far

Certainly looks nicer than Morrowind. Hoping the interest doesn't fade too quickly forcing me to complete the main quest and miss out half the side quests.....so far so good though
Old 29 March 2006, 04:19 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It supposed to be hard to get out of prison, but I've not tried - I live the honest life.

The game is good overall, but the menu interface on the PC is annoying (it's clearly designed for the 360) and the leveled monster system is VERY annoying.

M
Old 30 March 2006, 08:19 AM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Picked this up last night on the way home and being a relative newbie to this kind of game I was very impressed, had to force myself togo to bed...!

One question I have got, when I go into my stats I don't have anything next to Birthsign & Class !! Did I miss something during my character creation! I'm a male nord....

Cheers
Old 30 March 2006, 08:46 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Depends on how far into the game you have got. You get assigned the birthsign and class when you exit the first dungeon...

Trending Topics

Old 30 March 2006, 08:53 AM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Cheers Iain, I'll keep on going this evening, I'm still in the dungeons at the moment....
Old 30 March 2006, 08:59 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Another dark elf over here. I am only around 5 hours in the game and have just arrived at Charoll to see that one guy I have already forgotten the name of. It took to long to get there. At least now I can ride a horse now. The environments were really jaw-dropping once you came out of the first dungeon, especially the day/night breaks.
Old 31 March 2006, 07:04 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

I think my character is about level 12 now, amazing game.
You need to do this : kill some innocent bloke ( in a safe place so that you dont get caught ) and then go to sleep in a inn or something, when you wake up you will get a visit from the dark brotherhood and you can do contract killings for them plus you get given some really cool black armour and the prizes are superb when you complete each of the quests.....evil evil evil ;-)

Last edited by Shaolin; 31 March 2006 at 07:06 AM.
Old 31 March 2006, 07:41 AM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaolin
I think my character is about level 12 now, amazing game.
You need to do this : kill some innocent bloke ( in a safe place so that you dont get caught ) and then go to sleep in a inn or something, when you wake up you will get a visit from the dark brotherhood and you can do contract killings for them plus you get given some really cool black armour and the prizes are superb when you complete each of the quests.....evil evil evil ;-)
I kept trying this last night, however everyone time I killed someone, or started to kill someone the guards showed up and kicked my *** !!
Old 31 March 2006, 07:44 AM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Definately an awesome game. I'm level 6 now while being a member of the thief’s, brotherhood guild and also gladiatorial status in the arena.

Just completed the pale valley quest last night in the ruined fort. Took best part of 1-2hrs to navigate to the entrance of the ruined fort and then another 2-3hrs exploring the dungeons. I returned back in day light to explore the surrounding area of the fort and discovered an awesome ring! Its well worth the hunt!
Old 31 March 2006, 07:53 AM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mogsi
I kept trying this last night, however everyone time I killed someone, or started to kill someone the guards showed up and kicked my *** !!
I stumbled across a traveller while I was on the quest trying to locate the entrance of the pale valley. As his horse look better than mine I decided to attack turn. Turns out his horse new some moves and attacked me After slaying the guy, the horse rang off. So I never did get what I wanted. Anyhow, turns out the guy I killed was a nasty husband to his wife in the nearby town (cant remember name) so when I returned everyone was talking about the relief of the guy being dead Next time I slept, the brotherhood turned up
Old 31 March 2006, 08:49 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I've played three nights in a row now, probably 9 hours total - must go to the pub tonight - and am only at level two! I keep getting distracted from Quests by, well, just about anything. I joined the Fighters Guild hoping to get better at fighting, but I'm still rubbish, any fighting tips appreciated.
Old 31 March 2006, 08:51 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Is this a bit like WOW?
Old 31 March 2006, 09:09 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

It really is amazing the variety of stuff to do in this game. I've spoken to a few people and it seems that everyone has gone about it in different ways - you really can do whatever you want to.

The funniest bit for me so far was buying a house in Skingrad - once you buy servants quarters you can get a 'lady servant' who tells you she's "Yours for 150 Gold"

Makes a mean Shepherds Pie and serves up Mead on request too. Think I'll retire now!
Old 31 March 2006, 09:11 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
I joined the Fighters Guild hoping to get better at fighting, but I'm still rubbish, any fighting tips appreciated.
Block and counter attack. Don't go overboard on the counters though, I tend to block, let them have a go at me, then do two hits back and repeat until they fall over
Old 31 March 2006, 09:12 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Mogsi ---

Just kill a beggar at night, thats what i did ;-)
Have the option now with the dark brotherhood that if i want, Vincente or what ever his name is will turn me into a vampire :-)
Old 31 March 2006, 09:30 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

I am now the champion in the arena ! and a member of the dark brotherhood, mages guild, fighters guild and the thieves guild and the blades ! although after defeating the champ.........was a little dissapointed....he didint give much of a fight ............nudge nudge wink wink...time to buy a house now to stash my bits and bobs ;-)

Last edited by Shaolin; 31 March 2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 31 March 2006, 10:15 AM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

That's a good point. I'm getting a fair collection of bits/junk ! So much so I have to keep dropping stuff to collect stuff! Do I have to buy a house to store all my stuff...!
Old 31 March 2006, 10:24 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Yes, if you drop it anywhere else, it might not be there when you come back.
Old 31 March 2006, 10:25 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Yep, you have to buy a house and then buy storage facilities to get chests, cupboards, etc.

Shaolin, thanks for your post, wasn't sure if you could be members of different guilds at the same time. I'm concentrating on Mages at the mo, but have all the others to explore too
Old 31 March 2006, 10:43 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Hanslow ---

Yes its all good, you can belong to all the guilds, amazing game isnt it, god knows how many hours ive spent doing nothing really !
How many oblivion gates have you lot closed ? Ive only closed one and now just doing the other side quests, they seem better in my opinion.
Old 31 March 2006, 11:10 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

No gates closed here, went into one, got my **** kicked twice so have been doing other things.
Old 31 March 2006, 12:08 PM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Shaolin - how did you join the Blades?

Jack - Fighting takes a bit of practice. I find side stepping around the opponent allows me to get some cheap blows in As Hanslow says, you need to master blocking to win fights.

I just love breaking into property and stealing bits and pieces I haven't looked at the main quests yet.

I heard the lake holds some interesting secrets! Has anyone dived in there yet?
Old 31 March 2006, 12:11 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

I haven't closed any gates yet either In fact, as far as the main quest goes, I've still go to go and see the chap in Kvatch (or whatever it's called).

I've just been running all over the map discovering places, going in a few, and getting approval from everyone to join the mages guild (which I did the other night). Did the Arena and became Grand Champion and now have my own annoying irritating follower, who I've now go to stand outside my house guarding it
Old 31 March 2006, 12:29 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Roadrunner---

I think i joined the blades by doing the main quest, moving on from closing the first oblivion gate i think? It seems ive done so much since then !!
Old 31 March 2006, 04:26 PM
Barry Scott
Scooby Regular

I started off as a noble knight, doing all the right things. Then I got bitten by a vampire, turned into a vampire, joined the thieves guild, joined the dark brotherhood and now enjoy robbing, feeding and murdering.

Not played oblivion yet but it sounds good.
Old 31 March 2006, 09:20 PM
RB5201
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Barry Scott
I started off as a noble knight, doing all the right things. Then I got bitten by a vampire, turned into a vampire, joined the thieves guild, joined the dark brotherhood and now enjoy robbing, feeding and murdering.

Not played oblivion yet but it sounds good.
Old 01 April 2006, 10:26 AM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Just closed the 1st gate

Seems I now have about 8 seperate quests to choose from !! Decisions decisions...

Still only level 1 though :0/

Last edited by Mogsi; 01 April 2006 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion