Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Photoshop wizards out there?

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2006, 08:50 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photoshop wizards out there?

I have spent 4 hours on paint shop trying to achieve cleaning this image up but it looks dreadful!

this is what i managed but you can see where i 'tidied it up'!! it dont look too bad here but i need the pic 3x bigger and then it really does show!!!!!

Is there an easy way to acheive a natural 'circle' all the way round? i ended up deleting individual pixels

Also there must be an easy way to change the colour from this to any other one- surely? i cant get colour replacer to work

If any one can tell me how to do it easily im not so hot on paintshop or do it for me ill be eternally grateful
Old 01 March 2006, 09:32 PM
D16GER
Scooby Regular

I would say the easiest way is to select, using colour wand, the dark purple colour you want. Now delete everything else.

Then you can patch the gaps by either using the clone stamp tool, or even copy and paste other parts of the map. With a few tweaks you can make it quite good.

Then flatten the image to get rid of all the layers. Finally select the map again with the colour wand and create a new layer by copying it. Then delete the original layer and create a new, blank one for the background.

You will now have full control over the map itself, by simply using Hue/Saturation/Lightness you can adjust the colour to suit.

Some quick examples....These took 10 mins total...Using Photoshop...

Old 01 March 2006, 09:42 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Bugger that's perfect nice one - i saved your image

I was trying the bucket fill button which was just fillling the whole picture- the hue thing is a lot easier

Thanks a million again

Trevor
Old 01 March 2006, 09:43 PM
D16GER
Scooby Regular

No worries.