Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HELP - how do I suppress a YES prompt installing a .REG file from a batch script?

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2006, 04:49 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Question HELP - how do I suppress a YES prompt installing a .REG file from a batch script?

As title - i need to do a mass registry change to change a software setting across our LAN - I have built a very simple batch file to run the .reg file from a share, but I really would like to suppress the 'Do you want to install this file to the registry' prompt, and the later 'blah.reg successfully installed into the registry' prompt.

I thought the /y option might have done it but to no avail......

Any ideas?

sample batch line:-

\\dc2\cabatch\caexpres.reg /y

I realise the /y works on say a COPY command as it is a proper switch for the copy.exe program.......but obviously i'm not really running a proper command - is there a way to invoke regedit and do it that way?
Old 22 February 2006, 05:58 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
As title - i need to do a mass registry change to change a software setting across our LAN - I have built a very simple batch file to run the .reg file from a share, but I really would like to suppress the 'Do you want to install this file to the registry' prompt, and the later 'blah.reg successfully installed into the registry' prompt.

I thought the /y option might have done it but to no avail......

Any ideas?

sample batch line:-

\\dc2\cabatch\caexpres.reg /y

I realise the /y works on say a COPY command as it is a proper switch for the copy.exe program.......but obviously i'm not really running a proper command - is there a way to invoke regedit and do it that way?
You could try this:

\\dc2\cabatch\caexpres.reg <y

or create a y.txt file put a y in the file and do this:

\\dc2\cabatch\caexpres.reg <y.txt
Old 22 February 2006, 06:41 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REGEDIT /S \\dc2\cabatch\caexpres.reg
Old 23 February 2006, 11:00 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks HankScorpio that worked a treat - I thought you could do it with REGEDIT - i even did a regedit /? to find the switches but is just opened regedit directly

Thanks again