Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

pipex b/band - change off address details ??

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2006, 08:30 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pipex b/band - change off address details ??

Help !!

having been with pipex broadband for a good while now am currantly paying around £23.44 per month for there pipex xtreme solo 500 service but now feel that for what I get ie. 1 mb this seems very expensive when compared to what else is available out there, so okay have had a quick look around the pipex website and see they offer "pipex start" at a cost off £14.99 anyone use this service ?? any good ??

secondly will shortly be moving house / change off address, tried logging on to the pipex website tonight with my account details but when I press enter the page will just refresh the log in page, so cant log on for now to advse them that I need to change my account info - anyone had to do this with pipex lately ?? - just wonder what the procedure is and how long it will take to activate my b/band connection once I move house ?? the house we are moving to has already had broadband running by the previous owner and the tel number we will be using is the same as the one currantly in use here at this address.

anyone offer any help / advice regards any off the above ??
cheers,
john
Old 18 February 2006, 08:55 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

I moved about 6 months ago and had to cancel my existing account and start afresh although I did change phone number. I only moved about 2 minutes around the corner and nearer to the exchange. I could go up to 2mb at my old house and now been told 1mb is max. It took a few weeks to get working at new address after several Pipex cockups. If you have a few hours to waste call Pipex customer services and see what they say.

It might be easier as your new house already has BB and you are keeping your existing number.

Best of luck.

Andy.
Old 18 February 2006, 09:29 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, will give them a call.
Old 19 February 2006, 12:48 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

just tried accessing my mailbox details @ Pipex - seems they may have "updated" their system (ie it's all sh@gged!!!!)

Will have to wait till later then.

I'm in the same boat with the costs - seems to me that at the moment, Pipex aren't as competetive as they were. I'll be looking round too,

Dan
Old 19 February 2006, 09:55 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
You can't migrate your account to a new address with Pipex. I tried and was told not possible to do and that you have to cancel and then take out a new account at the new address so you get a new user name and email address etc which for me was a total pain in the ar$e.

Okay thanks guys appreciatte the info, may just switch provider then if thats is the case regards having to cancel and take out a new account.

any ideas what the score is with cancelling this pipex contract ?? do you have to give say 28 days notice or whatever ??

thanks again,
john
Old 19 February 2006, 09:59 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

I think it was a month to cancel. Although my username within Pipex changed you are able to set your alias's so that your e-mail address is still the same.

Andy.
Old 05 March 2006, 09:02 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Btw I was on Solo 500 £23 pm, got the upgrade to 1mb but what they dont seem to advertise now is its free to go to 2mb. Did mine online (login and change service) and took less than 2 days. FOC to upgrade but you in effect sign for another 12 months. I cant currently get cable or 8mb dsl so no bother to me.

Simon.