Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2006, 08:21 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP

I have a laptop,wireless router and a wireless card.On Saturday night turn the pc of as usual,next day turned it on and could not get any web pages or collect and emails.Checked the router and was getting full strength so my pc was talking to the router.Called virgin to test the line which was ok.
I have just connected my old broadband (speedtouch) modem and i'm back on line.So imo it must be the wireless(netgear) router is this correct.

Any Ideas!!!

John
Old 14 February 2006, 11:13 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple things first...

Just because you're seeing full strength on the router does not mean it's talking to your Laptop. It just means the router can see a strong signal. This could be your neighbour..

Simply try popping the wireless card and reseating with everything powered up. You'd be surpised how many times this can fix a broken link.. make sure your connection configs have not mysteriously been deleted or changed... You be surpised how frequently these things happen..

Make sure your'e not too far away from the router when trying to recconect... Moving furniture in some circumstances could kill your normal healthy reception.. If you didn't switch the router off, then try a soft reset of the router...

Simple and obvious, but could be just what you need..