Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

My Computer

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2006, 05:52 PM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Computer

Minor but irritating problem.

Running XP. Installed WinTV on the weekend and that is working fine. I opened My Computer while that was running and it couldnt open. So I closed everything and tried again and it opened. But now the different drives, network places etc are just a line of Icons (like Windows 2000), as opposed to there being Underlined Titles with the relevant Icons below. Where have these Titles gone ? It doesnt matter how you change the view the titles never come back. Minor as I said - just prefer it how it was !!
Old 30 January 2006, 06:06 PM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Have you clicked on View > Arrange Icons By > Show in Groups
Old 31 January 2006, 08:57 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

yeah tried that - but then you just get letters for each group - rather than 'Hard disk drives' etc

I have now gone back to a restore point before I installed PeerGuardian2 - and uninstalled PG2 - this seems to have sorted it out. Although I have a had a problem since opening My Computer but this time the titles didnt disappear.