Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Mate setting up a studio

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2006, 05:45 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mate setting up a studio

My mate Dom is a musician, he is having a studio built in his house (plenty of space, its an old vicarage), he decided to not have the window onto the live room for cost reasons so he wants some kind of camera arrangement.

Would he be better using a webcam or his old video recorder, he is trying to keep the costs down so wants to use existing equiment, he is concered that if he pipes the video camera into his music pc it may impact performance, based on the spec I thought it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference unless its really poor software.

He is going for a dual core Athlon 64 (4800 ?) with 2 gigs of ram which is required for all the massive virtual instruments and the power required to sequence them all.

He is buying 3 19 inch CRT's so was wondering whether you could pipe the camcorder directly into the dvi socket.

Esoteric solutions appreciated !
Old 18 January 2006, 07:01 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm building a commercial facility based around a webcam/wired camera straight into an LCD tv panel.

IMHO, bearing in mind that the PC's job will be to capture audio/MIDI - musical timing/sample accuracy will be #1 priority. I've found that unless you've dedicated hardware for video capture etc, in theory the camera processing could get in the way of what the PC's meant to do - music.

I'm also putting a tiny 7" tft in the vocal booth for 2-way visuals

Dan