Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Any IT peoplw work @ Park Royal London - How to commute

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2006, 05:31 PM
*smiles*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any IT peoplw work @ Park Royal London - How to commute

Hi,

Changing roles at work (promotion for new year ) and will now need to commute to Park Royal 2 or 3 days a week. At moment living in Essex and use Fenchurch street line, so will need to use train/ tube at moment anyone else crazy enough to need to get to this area from the east side of the country.

Wondering whether to move to make commute any easier, maybe reading/ oxford area, or further south M3 corridor ?, somewhere out west/ south side of country (want to stay outside of M25). if anyone else works in this area, where do you live how do you get in.

Cheers

Old 17 January 2006, 07:36 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

I commute in from Bedford everyday mainly to Golden Square (central London) but occasionally have to go out to Park Royal (assuming we're talking about the same one next to Wembley?)

I tend to use it as an excuse to take the Scoob out for a run to stretch her legs I travel down the M1 onto the A406 N Circular and then round from there which isn't too bad a journey

So would you consider driving in from Essex?
Old 17 January 2006, 08:56 PM
*smiles*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4molie
I commute in from Bedford everyday mainly to Golden Square (central London) but occasionally have to go out to Park Royal (assuming we're talking about the same one next to Wembley?)

I tend to use it as an excuse to take the Scoob out for a run to stretch her legs I travel down the M1 onto the A406 N Circular and then round from there which isn't too bad a journey

So would you consider driving in from Essex?
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yep that is the same Park Royal, we are taking some space in a New Data Centre their. I wouldnt been keen on taking the scoob from essesx, would put loads of miles on it and petrol cost Would probably get train/tube till the journey times start to pi$$ me off and we move closer. I'm thinking of somewhere between M3/M4 corridor as still need to get into city (by train) - tower bridge. Now i'm thinking of train into paddington or waterloo and tube it from there for Tower bridge and Docklands when i need to go, and drive into Park Royal, i wouldnt mind taking the scoob if we moved over that way.
Old 17 January 2006, 08:57 PM
*smiles*
Scooby Regular

Should we move, does anyine get a train in from south/ west.. what lines service Park Royal, easiest commute withiut loads of changes/ tubes etc .. Cheers all
Old 18 January 2006, 12:26 PM
rich101
Scooby Regular

I used to go out to Park Royal / North Acton early last year -

Going into London Liverpool St. Station then take the Central line all the way to North Acton ( 45-50 mins )

rich
Old 18 January 2006, 12:32 PM
*smiles*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rich101
I used to go out to Park Royal / North Acton early last year -

Going into London Liverpool St. Station then take the Central line all the way to North Acton ( 45-50 mins )

rich
45-50 mins is that on the tube from Liverpool st ...Ouch ... it only takes me about 30 to come from essex. a move looks like its on that cards