Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

OE blocking attachments question...

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2006, 06:49 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OE blocking attachments question...

A chap sent me 3 messages today with a picture attachment on each with photo of a car part. Outlook Express let me look at 2 of the picture attachments but blocked (removed) the 3rd attachment and I couldn't open it. OE has also removed a music file I tried to send to someone (at least from the copy I sent to myself as a check).

I guess this is some type of security setting but how do I change it. I've had a look at OPTIONS and Security but nothing obvious to a non-IT guy like me. Can anyone help please? dl
Old 12 January 2006, 07:05 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lock
A chap sent me 3 messages today with a picture attachment on each with photo of a car part. Outlook Express let me look at 2 of the picture attachments but blocked (removed) the 3rd attachment and I couldn't open it. OE has also removed a music file I tried to send to someone (at least from the copy I sent to myself as a check).

I guess this is some type of security setting but how do I change it. I've had a look at OPTIONS and Security but nothing obvious to a non-IT guy like me. Can anyone help please? dl
The problem these days is that image files are now deemed dangerous due to hackers making use of such files to hide trojan programs.
Can they not be zipped up and sent through instead of seperately?