Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iTunes and Multiple Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2006, 07:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iTunes and Multiple Speakers

Have had an Airport Express for a while now, mainly to get the xbox online again after moving the location of the router, but also for the AirTunes ability.

Now, one thing I really would have liked to have done was to have music piped out from the computer AND the "Lounge" speakers at the same time. iTunes only allowed you to select one or the other and not multiple speakers, and you had to use something like Audio Hijack to get multiple speakers to work, however, there was a delay issue, so the playback was not in perfect sync.

I just noticed that in iTunes 6.0.2, it is now possible to play music to multiple speakers Have just been trying it out and it does work and more importantly the music is staying in near perfect sync. I've not got a lot of network traffic at the moment, so that might be why, but I'm going to give that a test in a mo and see what degredation occurs.

Right now I'm very happy. Have the computer speakers turned down a touch, and the Lounge ones up, fantastic!

Only downside so far is that the volume control only controls the computer speakers and not the remote speakers, which is what it would do if you had once set selected. Not too much of a problem, but would be nice to have control of the levels of all speakers from within iTunes.