Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

cannot find /system/kernels32 problem error message

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2005, 09:05 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cannot find /system/kernels32 problem error message

i keep getting an error message saying things about kernels32 and my windows will shut down on me. also ive noticed my "my recieved files" is missing and a load of photos of a random american car park that i didnt download on my pc.

what the hells going off??
any ideas

cheers
Old 18 December 2005, 11:04 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Ummmm. Sounds like either 2 things. Virus and/or Spyware Ad-ware/trojan. I take it you have an up-to-date Anti-virus program and ad-aware/spyware removal software?
Best thing to do is try rebooting your PC into safe mode and run an anti-virus scan and Spy removal program. Then if on windows XP re-run a Service Pack install to see if any files need updating. Hopefully you can getout of this in one piece. If not looks like a wipe and re-install of windows.
Old 18 December 2005, 11:51 AM
abbiesdad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Poor Guy
i keep getting an error message saying things about kernels32 and my windows will shut down on me. also ive noticed my "my recieved files" is missing and a load of photos of a random american car park that i didnt download on my pc.

what the hells going off??
any ideas

cheers
i had this about a month ago ... could not find it or get rid of it with norton or anti spy.. think it is like spyware.. had to totaly clean my puter wipe everything...