Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

MP3 help/info needed...

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2005, 08:35 AM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 help/info needed...

bought myself an MP3 player over the weekend and im after some advice on labeling the MP3's.

I had one of them MP3 playing cd players when they came out and when I did the cd's for it I just labeled the folder that the songs where in and not the song names ,I'm now looking to put them onto my MP3 player but I want to get the songs names.
so far then I open the folder in the software that came with the MP3 player all I get is the folder name and the songs labeled as they where on the MP3 cd,it doesn't seem to go onto cddb and down load the cd info anyone know of any software that can get album information by using the MP3 files in a folder rather than from a cd?

also anyone know how a can get MP3's off cd with extra content e.g. videos etc when I put them in my p.c. all I get is a data cd..
Old 07 December 2005, 10:07 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Tag & Rename to update MP3 info from CDDB. There's loads of others on the net.

I use CDex to rip Audio CD's to MP3 tracks. It will also use CDDB to get the track info.

As for the video, it depends on how it is formatted on the original CD. It could be in a native video format such as .MPG, .AVI, etc.. or it could be embedded into an executable.

The first could just be copied straight off the CD. The embedded one would need some sort of screen capture.

If it's a seperate DVD with the video footage, then you need to use some DVD ripping software to convert it to AVI or MPEG format. Do a Google search on "DVD to AVI" for some examples.