Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Java problem

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2005, 10:09 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Java problem

I've tried and successfully installed Limewire and it installed Java at the same time. Now when I reboot I get a warning message come up saying something about Java SataRaid then it goes to BSOD and reboots and does the same thing every time. I uninstalled Limewire and did restore point to before I installed Limewire and Java and everything was OK.

I then tried installing Java from Sun site and had same problem. Any ideas how I can get over this problem as I really want to be able to use Limewire.

Thanks,

Andy.
Old 16 October 2005, 08:56 AM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyMoody
I've tried and successfully installed Limewire and it installed Java at the same time. Now when I reboot I get a warning message come up saying something about Java SataRaid then it goes to BSOD and reboots and does the same thing every time. I uninstalled Limewire and did restore point to before I installed Limewire and Java and everything was OK.

I then tried installing Java from Sun site and had same problem. Any ideas how I can get over this problem as I really want to be able to use Limewire.

Thanks,

Andy.
I think JavaSataRaid.exe is spyware, you'll need to run Adaware, Spybot or one of the other good anti-spyware programs to remove it. You may need to start your PC in safe mode (tap f8 as the computer is booting up)

HTH
Old 16 October 2005, 10:11 AM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

I run Spybot, Adaware, Microsoft Spyware etc at least once a week and never found that. It is something to do with the Silicon Image SATA controller on my DFI Lanparty SLI-DR motherboard from what I understand and I don't want to uninstall it as I think it will cause major problems with my HDD working.

Andy
Old 01 July 2006, 08:21 AM
popejohn2
Scooby Newbie

Default java problem

andymoody
did you ever solve this problem? i have the same problem.

i loaded "J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update" and when i startup i get the sataraid eror message and then the bsod. its completely frustrating. searched web and could only find your message.

hoping you have a solution.
Old 01 July 2006, 11:32 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Might be worth trying the castle cops forum
Old 31 July 2006, 08:49 PM
Sonic Blue Type R
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi had the exact same problem, noticed first of all that a lot of java applications were not executing, so downloaded J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0. Next time I booted up the computer it says there is a debugging error with JavaSataRaid.exe and kept on rebooting after 30 secs or so.

I also have the DFI LanParty SLI DR motherboard, I did not really look into what the problem was, could try contacting
http://java.sun.com/

OR DFI

Can any of you run java applets for example, if you are given a link to a video site, like google.video.com, or any such similar site, nothing happens when I go onto these sites, even though Java is activated on the advanced internet options.

I honestly feel that this is a problem for DFI techs to sort out, we should go to the forums @ DFI and find out if this is a common problem and take it from there. Hopefully can sort this out cause it aint exactly a cheep motherboard.
Old 31 July 2006, 09:00 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

effin java, its supposed to be sandboxed so this doesnt happen, the sooner it dies the better, poorly architected, slow and write once run somewhere, it really is total garbage.

Gary
Old 31 July 2006, 10:21 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryK
effin java, its supposed to be sandboxed so this doesnt happen, the sooner it dies the better, poorly architected, slow and write once run somewhere, it really is total garbage.

Gary
Java is NOT slow. A modern JVM is comparable to native code in execution speed, and under certain circumstances it can even be faster.
Old 31 July 2006, 10:40 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Aah Java. I love how Java means your code is totally portable: it runs just as poorly whatever the platform. I also love how the 3 main apps I use at work are Java based and recommend 3 different versions of the JRE to run correctly
Old 01 August 2006, 09:04 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dharbige
Java is NOT slow. A modern JVM is comparable to native code in execution speed, and under certain circumstances it can even be faster.
utter bollocks! Java is slow! The only thing it does well is black box stuff (server side) where again you could write native compiled code targetted for the platform that would run faster. Ive seen the benchmarks and yes it has improved over time, mind you its had ten years now to do it but its a frickin joke. The AWT and Swing have two many layers of abstraction which is why IBM developed SWT so for GUI dev work Java is a non starter.

Gary
Old 01 August 2006, 06:39 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryK
utter bollocks! Java is slow! The only thing it does well is black box stuff (server side) where again you could write native compiled code targetted for the platform that would run faster. Ive seen the benchmarks and yes it has improved over time, mind you its had ten years now to do it but its a frickin joke. The AWT and Swing have two many layers of abstraction which is why IBM developed SWT so for GUI dev work Java is a non starter.

Gary
Benchmarks can prove anything
Old 01 August 2006, 10:10 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

I had the same problems as I needed it for a rating program and it would'nt install without getting error messages. Went to another site and downloaded it from there and all works fine.
Try this one. I do not take responsibility if it goes wrong.
http://www.download.com/Java-2-Platf...-10495818.html
Old 08 August 2006, 04:46 AM
popejohn2
Scooby Newbie

Default Java SATARAID problem solved

I solved this problem by simply removing Java SataRaid from my startup program folder. Computer seems to be working just fine without it.