Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Creating music video DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2005, 04:00 PM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creating music video DVDs

Hey everyone.

I now have an in car flip out DVD tv headunit as i wanted something that had more options and was a bit more fun to look at than the standard one.

I want to make some DVD's of music videos so instead of just listening to the songs and that i can have some videos for the passengers etc.

How do i create DVD's from my computer? Do i need to get a load of music video MPGs and AVI's? And use a program to convert them or what?

Any help would be vastly appreciated!
Old 10 October 2005, 04:10 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

If you want something visual, then you need to start with something appropriate. Eirth download video files from a suitable online source or alternatively rip mpeg's from existing DVDs or videos that you may have.

The nuse something like ULead Ultimate DVD maker or Windows Movie Maker to generate a single large AVI from the smaller elements, then use Nero or similar to covert and burn to DVD.
Old 10 October 2005, 04:15 PM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

Ah right, well i have Windows movie maker, and i have Nero... So i have the facilities to do it then?

So i download lots of music videos that i want or copy them over from else where, string them together into 1 file and convert?

i will give it a go and report back with any problems.
Old 10 October 2005, 04:21 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G_Sleigh_STi
Ah right, well i have Windows movie maker, and i have Nero... So i have the facilities to do it then?

So i download lots of music videos that i want or copy them over from else where, string them together into 1 file and convert?

i will give it a go and report back with any problems.
Yup - use Movie Maker to string them together - make sure you output in AVI rather than WMA.

Choose Make Video DVD from Nero start centre and point it at your master AVI. It should convert to VOB and burn for you (it can take a while depending on your kit spec)