Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Even more ipod problems

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2005, 02:16 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Even more ipod problems

Another day and yet another problem with my 60gb ipod photo.

Was fully charged 2 days ago, haven't used it at all since (has been turned off and the lock was on), gone to turn it on this afternoon and the battery is flat.

Ok, no problem I think to myself. I'll just connect it to the laptop and charge it over the usb (which I've done many times in the past). Except it doesn't work. I connect the usb, the ipod starts booting up, then it resets itself, starts booting again, then resets again etc in a never ending loop.

Ok, I think to myself, try connecting it to the power adapter instead. But that does exactly the same thing.

Try calling Apple support. That's a joke in itself. Took 15 minutes to get through, and then I couldn't understand what the foreign gent on the other end of the line was saying (and he didn't have a clue what I was on about).

I'm seriously beginning to regret buying an ipod. I never had anywhere near as many problems with my old Creative Zen as I've had with this apple rubbish

Anyone got any ideas how I can stop this never ending reboot cycle it seems to have gotten itself into?

Thanks,
Iain
Old 30 September 2005, 02:48 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeh demand a new battery from Apple. Its common knowledge the pod batteries are flawed as seen in the news, watchdog etc etc. I never bought one due to this fact an Apple's persistant denial of anything wrong with them. The Nano's are just as bad with their cheap screens.