Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Problem with USB Memory Stick

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2005, 02:30 PM
Scotch Steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with USB Memory Stick

Bit of a long shot, but before sending it back has anybody got any ideas on the following.

I've had a 1GB USB memory stick for a couple of weeks it has worked fine until now and it appears to have developed a problem.
The drive is still recognised and comes up in file manager, however when you click on it to access it it says that the drive is unformatted and asks if I'd like to format it, if I click yes it says that it is unable to format the drive. When I right click on it and look at the properties it says Used Space 0GB, Free Space 0GB, so it looks like there is something wrong with it.

I have tried it in a number of machines and all have the same problem, the stick has a password and lock switch, they are both in the open position.

Any ideas before I send it back??

Cheers

Steve
Old 01 August 2005, 04:47 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep sounds fubar. If all else fails then its usually a hware problem, and you've eliminated it being a problem with the USB interface on one pc, so it must of failed.