Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Outlook XP contacts

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2005, 12:49 PM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlook XP contacts

I have an HP IPAQ 4700, a SonyEricsson K700i phone and try to download all my numbers off the phone every now and then so I don't lose everything when I lose my phone. Problem I get is that OutlookXP ends up with hundreds of duplicate contact details which ***** up the phone memory and also seems to randomly wipe details from the contacts.

Is there any way to stop this? I used to use one of the PIM/phone manager things on my IPAQ but it still duplicated all the contacts when I downloaded the numbers. When I enquired about this, they couldn't understand why I would be inputting details in my phone and not in my PDA. Perhaps because I don't take it out to the pub with me?!

It's starting to get bloody annoying and to cap it all, when I put business names into my phone (e.g. Post Office) it tries to turn them into names (Office, Post) which makes searching for them a bugger.

It's driving me mad and I'd appreciate any suggestions that'll stop me from having to manually go through 600 contact details every few weeks, deleting and rearranging details.

Cheers!
Old 14 June 2005, 01:40 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you using to sync the files? I do something similiar and don't have any duplicates. I use Activesync v3.8 between the iPAQ and the PC and the Sony Ericsson PC suite between the phone and PC.

regards,

greg